XDCam MP4s with Edius Neo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XDCam MP4s with Edius Neo

We are using Edius Neo as a logging station for our reporters. They just need to be able to see and hear clips, no editing required.

We are going to be shifting or media from JVC hard drives to Sony SxS cards. I have had no problem creating a workflow for the Edius 5 systems, but I am striking out with Neo. I have looked for codecs or plug-ins but have come up empty handed.

Are there any solutions out there that don't require upgrading to Neo 2 or Full Edius 5? If I am stuck upgrading, can Neo 2 handle it or are we looking at having to make some major investments in software?

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by KOCE Photog View Post
    We are using Edius Neo as a logging station for our reporters. They just need to be able to see and hear clips, no editing required.

We are going to be shifting or media from JVC hard drives to Sony SxS cards. I have had no problem creating a workflow for the Edius 5 systems, but I am striking out with Neo. I have looked for codecs or plug-ins but have come up empty handed.

Are there any solutions out there that don't require upgrading to Neo 2 or Full Edius 5? If I am stuck upgrading, can Neo 2 handle it or are we looking at having to make some major investments in software?

Thanks for the help!
    If you don’t need editing possibilities you can use Sony XDCAM browser or VLC for preview.
    There is no way to use MP4 in Edius NEO.
    There is one freeware software,MP4toMPG http://www.mik-digital.de/programme.html
    You can use it to rewrap MP4 to mpeg. Then you can use this mpeg in Edius NEO
    Edius Silver Status

Gigabyte UD5 X58, i7 950 , 2TB RAID 0,GTX 285 PCIe, 6GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, OS drive SSD Corsair, 750W PS,Samsung 1920x1080 LCD, GVG HD Storm 3G, Edius 7.30, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate)
    JVC DT-V20L3 20" HD-SDI broadcast monitor, multiformat

Comment

Working...
    X