X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
    At the recent roadshow in Manchester I was told by Holden staff that the next verson of Edius would be V5 and that there would be no further point upgrades between 4.5 and the release of V5.
    Edius V5 will be a payed for upgrade that would feature lots of major changes, whatever that means.
    I was told to expect it around 18mths after the release of 4.5

Just to back up KH this is not based on any company info at all.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by biopic View Post
    We are all getting excited about the imminent arrival of Edius 4.5, tempered only by the news that it is a "point upgrade". This leads me to wonder where from here? I don't of course expect GV to reveal any trade secrets or commit to a firm time-table, but it would be good to know whether, say, there are likely to be any more point upgrades this year, and whether the next whole number upgrade is months, or a year, or more away.

Just so you know this upgrade has NEVER been touted as anything but a point upgrade. So any excitement about it being a huge upgrade generated by assumption and not information.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    At the recent roadshow in Manchester I was told by Holden staff that the next verson of Edius would be V5 and that there would be no further point upgrades between 4.5 and the release of V5.
    Edius V5 will be a payed for upgrade that would feature lots of major changes, whatever that means.
    A lot of this is actually rather incorrect.

I'm locking this thread guys - it actually falls into "off topic" due to being a "corporate commentary/soapbox" type of post, rather than a "help me out" type of post. No ill feelings, it's just something that this forum isn't the place for. Rules are rules, and I have to follow them too.

Remember, the Feature Request forum is around to request things for future updates.

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
    Thank you, that is what I wanted to know. If one is going to lobby for fixes or new features it is helpful to know what the timescale is likely to be.

Leave a comment:

• Stereodesign
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Looks like it only supports Dvc pro HD. Not very usefull to people using xdcam HD or HDV.
    This unit doesn't look very useful to me.
    Last edited by SRsupport; 07-24-2007, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ISDV
    replied
    Wow! 8-)

That MOTU V3HD looks like a killer box! Not speaking of all the connections it has.
    And I was thinking that the audio and video breakout boxes of my old Matrox DigiSuite LE MAX looked cool.

Grass Valley we definitely need support for this breakout box. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by tarkken View Post
    I would definitely recommend to them that they get some affordable HDSDI in/out solutions in place.

It's going to be hard for them to compete long-term with all of those little cards offering it, where they currently do at $20K+.

I've been with Canopus for years - might have to go to a CS3 based hardware solution next year just to have HDSDI...

for whatever it's worth...

StormDave and I have been beating that drum for a couple of years now.
    Join the band. I did a feature request of an I/O BOB. Go look under the feature request.

Leave a comment:

• tarkken
    replied
    I would definitely recommend to them that they get some affordable HDSDI in/out solutions in place.

It's going to be hard for them to compete long-term with all of those little cards offering it, where they currently do at $20K+.

I've been with Canopus for years - might have to go to a CS3 based hardware solution next year just to have HDSDI...

for whatever it's worth...

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    started a topic Beyond 4.5

Beyond 4.5

We are all getting excited about the imminent arrival of Edius 4.5, tempered only by the news that it is a "point upgrade". This leads me to wonder where from here? I don't of course expect GV to reveal any trade secrets or commit to a firm time-table, but it would be good to know whether, say, there are likely to be any more point upgrades this year, and whether the next whole number upgrade is months, or a year, or more away.
Working...
X