Edius Pro3 - batch capture aborts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Pro3 - batch capture aborts

I'm capturing Beta SP component into EP3. I've imported a previous EDL and am trying to batch capture (about 40' from 1 tape only) and the machine keeps aborting the capture. There is no TC break on the tape and if i close the project and reopen it, it will start capturing again from where the abort happened. Please help!
    Edius Pro 3
    Intel . Xeon CPU 3.20GHz . 2.50GB RAM . 2 x 750 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT . Windows XP
    Sony Betacam PVW-2600

FCP 6.6
    Mac OS x 10.5.8
    2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    6 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Samsung Syncmaster display

Premiere Pro

Have you checked the available Hard Drive Space. E3.6 captures without any issues, unlike 4.6 and 5* which can get spooked into stopping. Do you have a seperate drive for your video, not the C drive.

DD

Comment

The time one wastes batch capturing sometimes it is better to just capture everything and then edit.......seen a few friends doing it, and by the time they started capturing, I was ready to edit......yet, sometimes it is needed.....what I do, is just sit and watch, and stop, fast forward to what I want, ...well I am using V.5, so I just hit F9 to start capture.

Comment

Yup - got 700GB free space on my internal slave drive and I'm editing stock footage so i'm averaging about 100 cuts per 15 minutes so I don't really want to have to eye-match my recut.
        Edius Pro 3
        Sony Betacam PVW-2600

FCP 6.6
        Mac OS x 10.5.8
        NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Premiere Pro

Comment

What Beta deck do you use? I've used Sony UVW-1800P since starting with Edius at v3, and I've never really had a problem. Does batch capture always stop at the same spot?
          EDIUS WG 10.34.9923 VisTitle 2.960 Windows 10 Pro 21H2
          Asus ROG Strix X570F AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz 32GB DDR4 3600MHz RTX 2060 Super 8GB
          NVMe SSD 500GB system drive NVMe SSD 2TB work drive 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage
          DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K into JVC DT-V24L1

Comment

Originally posted by NMoldenhauer View Post
            I'm capturing Beta SP component into EP3. I've imported a previous EDL and am trying to batch capture (about 40' from 1 tape only) and the machine keeps aborting the capture. There is no TC break on the tape and if i close the project and reopen it, it will start capturing again from where the abort happened. Please help!
            try another RS422 cable if you have one handy

is the Betacam deck getting any external ref signal? is the SP card set to internal free run, or input sync, or external ref?
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Sony PVW-2600, sync is set to free run and no external ref going in. I'm pretty much the only person that climbs behind the rack or uses the deck and I haven't changed anything since my last project. I can only guess at some hidden project setting that may have changed...
              Edius Pro 3
              Sony Betacam PVW-2600

FCP 6.6
              Mac OS x 10.5.8
              NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Premiere Pro

Comment

in order to capture from 2600

1. input ref can't be free run unless someone from Canopus gave you an ini hack

2. input ref needs to be input sync or ref sync

3. if you choose ref sync, the 2600 needs to get the same ref

note: a ref is also use at the world cup for handing out lots of yellow and red cards
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                X