X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Problems :( Going Crazy

After never figuring out my last problem - see this thread -

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...192#post114192

As I said in the thread, I re-loaded 5.0 (from my CD) 5.1 & 5.5, no change in original problem. Buy I seemed to have gotten a new one, tried encoding a timeline in QT, as I had done many times, it comes up with this error : edius 0x80004005: unspecified error. Did a search & it seems it's related to QT.

So this morning I un-intalled everything and re-installed 5.) from my CD thinking maybe I didn't check QT upon the last re-install. It lre-installs just fine and when I click on the newly added icon I get a requester box that say "This version has already expired" with the logo & directing me to the website. !!

This is getting crazy crazy, now I have no way to edit!!! If a Edius guru lives in the SoCal area call me!!!! 866 592-4231 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************866 592-4231******end_of_the_skype_highlighting Thanks guys
    Last edited by Steve Moses; 06-14-2010, 02:15 AM.
    Steve Moses
    Vantage Point Productions, Inc.
    www.vppvideo.com

Did you try reinstalling QT or checking for an update?

Comment

The version appeared to be 7.5, but that problem is on the back burner now. Gotta get 5.5 bac up, even thou its all messed up I need to edit . :)
      Steve Moses
      www.vppvideo.com

Comment

Reinstall the HASP drivers

Comment

YEAY!!!! at last something worked!! Thanks so much I installed v522 there is laso v541, should I install that new version? At this moment I just have 5.0 installed.
          Steve Moses
          www.vppvideo.com

Comment

As long as it works you're OK. Try installing 5.1 and then 5.5. You may be on your way.

Comment

Thanks Pat, you probably just jinxed me. HA Have you even heard of the error before - in the search I did it appeared quite common, but say no real fix.

edius 0x80004005: unspecified error

Do you think qt 7.5 is the problem or is that the ver I should have? Thanks again, it IS appreciated
              Steve Moses
              www.vppvideo.com

Comment

Steve, I believe that is a general export error code that seems to happen with QT more often than not. The Edius error codes can be very criptic most of the time. My QT version is 7.66

Comment

Steve....I'm dissapointed in you. You usually call me asking for Edius help and what do I do....if I don't know the answer I tell you to come here.....oh wait, I guess you did what I woulda told you to do....check the Edius forums. Guess you did listen last time. :-). Glad your back up and running for the most part.

Those HASP drivers are crazy little boogers that make problems if you don't get the right versions installed. Whenever I upgrade I make sure I know where the drivers are just in case since it seems to be the most common upgrade problem. Hopefully you will get the QT thing figured out.

If you want to fly me out to San Dimas I will be glad to help you troubleshoot it. ;-).
                  Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                    If you want to fly me out to San Dimas I will be glad to help you troubleshoot it. ;-).
                    Only if Sherry flies with you :) I swear if you could promise all my probs would be fixed I would do it!! Got 5.5 back up that to Pat, still getting that damn edius 0x80004005: unspecified error. I don't think it needs a QT upgrade, it has worked fine with what is there.

My only prob is that I still don't have the buttons that let me choose frame rates for projects. See attached frame grab. I can't imagine what is causing that, like I said I reinstalled 5.0 & up. I think the problem started when I upgraded to 5.0. Thanks guys :)
                    Attached Files
                    Steve Moses
                    www.vppvideo.com

Comment

What kind of QT file are you trying to create off the timeline?...what flavor. I will give it a whirl here on a small project filled with m4 files. That should stress it nicely. I'm on 5.5
                      Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Comment

Doing it from the timeline, just a basic default QT, the setting that I'm using are the same that I have always used.
                        Steve Moses
                        www.vppvideo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Moses View Post
                          Doing it from the timeline, just a basic default QT, the setting that I'm using are the same that I have always used.

I will do an export test with the same settings, size/codec/bitrate that you have always used, once I can figure out what they may be :)
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

btw, have you Killed a man in West Texas in 1971

and have you hacked Mike Downey's computer?
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Moses View Post
                              I tried a print to file from a mp4 timeline to the default QT movie and it worked fine here but I don't have any GV IO cards. I run strictly in native mode. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but it's a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X