No announcement yet.

How to capture analog video and audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to capture analog video and audio?

I transitioned to a new computer last month with Win 7 and Edius 5.5. I'm finally giving up my old computer with two Rex cards and the Canopus breakout box. I'm capturing both DV and HDV fine on the new computer through firewire. But I still need to retain the ability to capture from an analog deck. So I hooked up a Pinnacle composite-input box to the new computer. It connects via USB. But I can't get Edius to recognize the signal. The box was installed correctly by Win 7. It loaded the driver for it OK. Any suggestions? Am I not clicking on the right input settings? Thanks.

For best results you need a NX card.
    Works really well.
    System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
    System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

AFAIK, you cannot use USB for capture.

I use my old Pinnacle DV Moviebox which has DV in & out as well as analogue. You will have to still use Firewire for the capture.

Can you use analogue inputs of your camera or deck and use this as your transcode device?

Failling that, I'm afraid you will have to buy a suitable analogue/DV device.
      Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Paul, I was under the impression that Edius works with Rex (we have an older machine with Rex cards running Premier that is kind of redundant these days, so we've never upgraded it to Edius).

Can you not install your old Rex cards in the new machine? Or is it a driver problem because of Windows 7?

Comment

Bad news for you. You got no more device driver for your Rex card.
          TingSern
          --------------------------------------
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

That's what I was afraid of. I DON'T want to use the old Rex cards. they are large and take up two prime card slots.
            I forgot about using a camera (or deck) as a go-between to the firewire input. I think that will work fine. I had hooked it up that way a while back when I had to record a program off of a satellite receiver. Thanks!

Comment

Or you could install an ACEDVio card.
              Fred D
              Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

Working...
              X