X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike0130
    • May 2007

Using the not ready 4.5 off the Japan site

Downloaded and tested for a few hours.
    Does not work with my NX Express- but it came with drivers (you said it will not)... Freezes the movie when you hit space, stopping after approx 5 sec. of play, green overlay on computer screen... with perfectly working hardware on ver 4.0- 4.26... Working with on-board-fireware only.
    New interface- good idea with "magnetic windows", but that's it. I do not like those buttons. Not changed 3D PIP, although I believe it was someting nice in beta version. Same effects/transitions. Looks slower in tesponce and when scrubbing timeline. AAF did not tested, but somebody reported crashed AfterEffects.
    Cannot understand why the link do not exists on Canopus WEB site in registered section? I would like to hear what other Edius users will say.
    mike
    Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...
  • STORMDAVE
    • May 2007

Mike, like the announcement mentioned, your download is not going to be supported. Through all of these years, Canopus released stuff on the Japanese site way before it made the official .com site.

You cannot be dissapointed by a product that has not been released yet.

Wait for the final and official release that's going to be on Canopus.com

Uninstall it and go back to 4.24 and wait until August 8th :)

To quote KH's announcement: "This build will not be supported outside of Japan, will not include any hardware support or drivers, and will not feature language support outside of Japanese."

I hope this is a warning for all the others who want to experiment with the Japanese release.

Comment

• SRsupport
      Grass Cutter Gold
      • May 2007

Reading glasses?
      KH posted this on 07-16-2007

PLEASE READ!!!!

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce that we are very close to releasing the free v4.5 update for EDIUS Pro and EDIUS Broadcast software.

In order to reduce confusion and commotion, we want to put out the following information regarding the launch plans for this update.

The EDIUS v4.5 update has been released to manufacturing - this means that new DVD-ROM media for the full software is now being pressed for inclusion with boxed product from July 20th onward.

However, our ever-diligent external beta testing team found a couple of new glitches with this release. These glitches have been resolved and a new build is being readied/tested internally. Unfortunately, it means that the build that went to manufacturing will (initially) require an update to resolve the problems (relating to NX hardware, and ProCoder Express for EDIUS DVD export).

In light of the last minute fixes, the release of v4.5 will happen in two stages:

1. The build of v4.5 that was sent to manufacturing will be released on Japan's web site on July 20th (Japan Time). This build will not be supported outside of Japan, will not include any hardware support or drivers, and will not feature language support outside of Japanese.

2. The newer build with the last-minute fixes (dub v4.51) will be launched internationally on the Canopus Web site on August 8th (Japan time). This release includes hardware drivers, multiple languages, and will be supported internationally.

The download is a single ZIP file, approximately 450MB in size. You will need to have a Canopus User account with the site, and have registered your EDIUS (v4) product to access this download.

To install this update, you'll need to have EDIUS v4.xx alreay installed on your system, with your dongle inserted (unless you have already transferred your dongle license to the PC). The v4.5 update includes all updates released since v4.00 shipped, so you do not need to install any interim updates first.

We are also working very hard to have the EDIUS Training site updated and ready on or near to the 8th of August, with revised videos and printable "How To" documents, which include the existing topics and incorporate the new features (and interface!).
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

• pjsssss
        • May 2007

If you want to be on the edge, fine...your choice. But when everyone has been clearly warned not to use it for NX and you choose to do it, DO NOT come on here and complain. Come On. I hope someone deletes this thread...

Well while it is up...
        DO NOT USE THE JAPAN DOWNLOAD BECAUSE IT WILL NOT WORK WITH HARDWARE!!!!!!

I hope everyonhe heard me. Besides, you will be better off all the around if you wait until it is availabel for DL through the US site. Can I just get a little trust here?

Comment

• SRsupport
          Grass Cutter Gold
          • May 2007

I just installed an amplifier

DO NOT USE THE JAPAN DOWNLOAD BECAUSE IT WILL NOT WORK WITH HARDWARE!!!!!!
          Steve
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

• Zorro
            • May 2007

Cannot understand why the link do not exists on Canopus WEB site in registered section?
            Absolutely logical: it will be released on August, 8th.

Maybe you want to go through KH's posting again before complaining?

Comment

• mike0130
              • May 2007

Yes, I understand that the NX driver is about to be fixed. By the way, Storm, Raptor and others are working. I am saying that there will not be any new features in version of August, 8. Just some fixes. So what I see now is it. And basically we have two changes of interface from ver. 3.6 to ver 4.5 and some small add-ons...
              Well, I will wait to hear what you will say in August about this new Edius compare to today's 4.24 (I have 4.26 which is stable, nice, light and responcive- most of glitches of ver 4.24 are fixed).
              mike
              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

• pjsssss
                • May 2007

All along it has been said that 4.5 is mostly bug fixes with a few nice add ons and a GUI change. This is the first update that really puts the GV brand on Edius. However there have been a lot of changes in the internal attitude of how things are being done. I think we will soon see Edius back to the reliablility that Canopus was once known for.

For what it is worth, I think waiting for the official US update (only a few weeks away according to Kenneally's post) is the wiser course.

Comment

• SRsupport
                  Grass Cutter Gold
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by mike0130
                  Yes, I understand that the NX driver is about to be fixed. By the way, Storm, Raptor and others are working. I am saying that there will not be any new features in version of August, 8. Just some fixes. So what I see now is it. And basically we have two changes of interface from ver. 3.6 to ver 4.5 and some small add-ons...
                  Well, I will wait to hear what you will say in August about this new Edius compare to today's 4.24 (I have 4.26 which is stable, nice, light and responcive- most of glitches of ver 4.24 are fixed).
                  mike
                  I find all of this very funny. Gv has made a info page of what will be included as new and always said that this is mainly about bug fixes.
                  They communicated that upfront.
                  But he if you just want to complain go a head it is very entertaining.

You know Edius doesn't work with linux right? :)
                  Steve
                  A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

• mike0130
                    • May 2007

if you just want to complain go a head it is very entertaining.
                    No, not just complain. I want to hear what you will say afte August, 8.
                    Just imagine, say Ford announce new updated great car, you waited and waited and then you see that it has only different color and comletely redisigned back mirror... And more- first ones, that made for NY only comes wthout engine... but you will get it with engine next month.
                    You know Edius doesn't work with linux right? :)
                    Yes, I know, thank you.
                    I see that this (4.50) doesn't work properly with Windows too.
                    I am also dissapointed they removed some nice features from beta...
                    Again, I am not a bad guy, I just wrote here about my experiences with new version and I will be happy to read yours in a 3 weeks.
                    mike

Comment

• SRsupport
                      Grass Cutter Gold
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by mike0130
                      I am also dissapointed they removed some nice features from beta...
                      Again, I am not a bad guy, I just wrote here about my experiences with new version and I will be happy to read yours in a 3 weeks.
                      mike
                      You are one of the beta testers?
                      Steve
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

• pjsssss
                        • May 2007

I don't know what you expected in 4.5 but again, it has been announced way before NAB (in April) that it was mostly bug fixes and a GUI change along with bringing the product under the GV umbrella. It seems like you missed all of those announcements or posts and are trying to make 4.5 something that it is not.

Can you expand on what you think was taken out of the beta? I don't follow that at all unless you are on the beta team and you were testing something that was taken out of the release?

Comment

• Zorro
                          • May 2007

I have 4.26 which is stable, nice, light and responcive- most of glitches of ver 4.24 are fixed
                          Seems that you like to use software that was not intended for public use. Maybe you should stick to official releases and make sure that your system uses proven hardware before complaining. Furthermore I hope that the guy who gave you the beta won't get into trouble because of you spilling the beans about a beta version in the official company forum. Far away from a friendly turn.

Comment

• GrassValley_MD
                            Mike Downey... The Jollymon
                            • Apr 2007

Ok... THis thread has run its course.

I have posted this once and have said it on three different occasions...

EDIUS 4.5 is a point up grade. It is not intended to be a huge change.

The work that has been done since 4.24 is mostly getting Edius inline with all of the Grass Valley products as well as changing the interface.

There was going to be very few bug fixes BUT the beta team has found around 40 bugs and over thirty of those have been fixed.

There is also a few new features that should not be in it because it is a minor upgrade but it now has AC3, AAF, A DVD creation Program, a button for fading in and out (This will add a dissolve to both video and audio, like the old StormEdit), and a few others.

for a point upgrade this is the best upgrade that Edius has ever had and I have nothing but hope that it will be even better in the future!

The release on the Japan site is not ready and I and KH have already stated to stay away from it. if you DL it you do so at your own risk.

Once again... THIS IS A POINT UPGRADE AND NOT A MAJOR ONE...

Mike

Comment

• GrassValley_MD
                              Mike Downey... The Jollymon
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zorro
                              Seems that you like to use software that was not intended for public use. Maybe you should stick to official releases and make sure that your system uses proven hardware before complaining. Furthermore I hope that the guy who gave you the beta won't get into trouble because of you spilling the beans about a beta version in the official company forum. Far away from a friendly turn.

I am not aware of any features being taken out of the Beta. Infact I do not thik any were.

Mike, If you got the beta please apass along the name of the individual that gave it to you. I would like to talk to them.

Mike

Comment

Working...