Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layer Change On DL DVD's

Hi all,

Just a quick question (although I think I already know the answer, but just in case someone knows a way I haven't discovered!).

Is there a way within Edius 5.5 to force a layer change at a specific point? I know you have been able to do this since a few versions ago in Encore (which I don't have on this machine).

I usually like to have a layer change on a a fade to black so that if there is a slight pause on someones machine then they don't notice it.

If anyone knows of a way to force this on disc burner within Edius I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Mark
    Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

let the burning software decide the layer break, try Nero 9 or Nero10 burning Rom or ImgBurn (free)

Nero 10 should create a seamless layer change, you won't see the change because Nero creates a cell start at the layer break point by splitting the clip to create the cell start

layer breaks can only happen at cell starts, a cell start is a chapter point, so if you have a suitable chapter point in an area suitable for a layer break, you can tell ImgBurn to use this cell start

I am not sure how Edius sets the layer break, it maybe seamless as well, I never tried
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Yes ImgBurn works very well for DL. This is what I have been using with great results. It is a great piece of free software... I get seamless and error free layer break playback.
      Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
      Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_hd View Post
        DVD layer break is not seamless! It works worse or better on different DVD players (also way worse on burned DVDs than replicated), but according to DVD spec is not seamless. Some players make it seamless by buffering data, but this is player feature.
        Any attempt to make it seamless (creating cell with seamless flag) may cause playback issue or crashing and this is quite common problem. LB cell should have non-seamless flag.
        Nero is ver bad in terms of setting LB, ImageBurn is great :)

Andrew
        I meant that I don't see any hesitation or glitch at the layer break when played back... Bad choice of a word... I don't make it seamless :)
        Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
        Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies folks.......

.....and hence my original post where I said I try to make my layer break on a fade to black before the next scene fades in. That way if there is a slight pause between layers ninety nine people out of a hundred wouldn't even be aware of it.

This used to be easy in Encore because you could dictate where the layer break occurred.

Cheers

Mark
          Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

Working...
          X