Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimstamos
    replied
    Samsung also has a 24" 246BW (maybe 245, not sure). how does this fare and is it as good a performer as the dell 24"

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    It should also be good for 1080p if you are connecting to it via a DVI-to-HDMI adapter...but the incoming source has to support pixel-to-pixel mapping so you'll get to use it at the native resolution. I think the Matrox MXO does this.

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Raja View Post
    For Edius, is one 22" or 24" widescreen monitor big enough for editing or is it best to go for dual configuration?
    The Dell 24" gives me 1920x1200 of desktop space and for me it works just fine with a 23" 720p HDTV LCD for RT preview.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I know some that use a single 24" and it is acceptable, but I prefer the dual 24" setup that I have. Randy has used both a single 30" monitor and the dual 24" and he likes the single 30"

Leave a comment:

• ISDV
    replied
    My cousin has only one 22" LG monitor in his EDIUS editing suite, and I personally find it all too tight.

When I buy my new set in a couple of weeks, I'm going for two 22" displays (Samsung SyncMaster 226BW).

Leave a comment:

• Raja
    replied
    For Edius, is one 22" or 24" widescreen monitor big enough for editing or is it best to go for dual configuration?

Leave a comment:

• ISDV
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that no one can see the difference between about 1000:1 and anything above that.
    That is interesting. I didn't know that.

Leave a comment:

• T-Bone
    replied
    Originally posted by ISDV View Post
    Contrast ratio of the 226BW is also better (3000:1) against 700:1 for the 225BW.
    I thought I read somewhere that no one can see the difference between about 1000:1 and anything above that.

I also have and like the 24" dell.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Angelo View Post
    I too have the Dell 24" with 1920x1200 resolution, it's a superb LCD screen for editing.

...Angelo
    The 24" Dell should be very similar to the 24" Apple Cinema Display. If I am not mistaken, both use Philips panels.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    I've got the 226BW at home and it looks very nice with EDIUS. The right match of deskspace real estate consumption, but visual real estate usage for the interface.
    KH you like your Samsung right?
    I moved from Dual 19" Dells to the Samsungs and all the gradients are now showing up correctly. The Samsung panels have always been great.

Next monitor: 30" Apple Cinema Display :D

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I have the 24inch Widescreen Dell and it is awesome !
    Don't know about the other brands.

Whatever you get the widescreen helps with editing as the timeline stretches far and long ,
    it feels natural and I feel more productive with it.

:)
    I too have the Dell 24" with 1920x1200 resolution, it's a superb LCD screen for editing.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I've got the 226BW at home and it looks very nice with EDIUS. The right match of deskspace real estate consumption, but visual real estate usage for the interface.

Leave a comment:

• ISDV
    replied
    I like the look of the SyncMaster 225BW. It is more professional and not so fancy as the 226BW.
    But the specs of the 226BW are better. Contrast ratio of the 226BW is also better (3000:1) against 700:1 for the 225BW.

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    replied
    i am finding the 225BW, it has a 5ms response time vs 2 on the 226bw.
    other than that, anyone have the 225 .is it as good as the 226?

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    I am using 2x 20" Samsungs, each running at 1680x1050...I don't see why it won't work if your graphic card has at least two Dual Link DVI ports.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X