• Show
Clear All

• Ludde
    replied
    Ok, Thanks for your time...

Leave a comment:

• Angelo
    replied
    I buy all my cables from Blue Jean Cable here in North America.

...Angelo

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ludde View Post
    It is in the mail, by the way, do you have any specs on the YUV---->RGB cable ?
    use proper RG59U 75 Ohm Cable and proper crimp type BNC connectors

I make them myself with Crimp tool HTG58/59 Weidmueller from Germany, you should be able to source cable, connectors and tool in your country

or if there is only a short distance to your monitor, buy any good quality pre-made component cable

your footage looks razor sharp on my 42" Fujitsu Plasma with component in and Edius Pause field set to frame, it looks poorer with pause field set to field

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    It is in the mail, by the way, do you have any specs on the YUV---->RGB cable ?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you can also email me a 1 sec file

send to: anton at videoproductions dot com dot au

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    Yes, I have the component out board, was thinking of that too, about upload, I have a place in a few days, was something wrong with my password

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    do you have the component out board for the NX? Its output would be way sharper when connected to component in of Phillips

in any case, can you export 1 sec of your timeline to Canopus DV Avi and upload it somewhere so we can check it out

also, place my resolution chart on your timeline and see what vertical resolution your monitor is capable of
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...Resolution.jpg

anything below 400 lines would be bad

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    Yes, I have looked at it from the cam, looks ok, I captured it via firewire, the one on the bay, I have also ripped some dvd i made some years ago, just to see, all look the same

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    have you tested the source footage by connecting your source player/camera directly to Phillips?

how was the footage captured to Edius? composite? Y-C? Firewire?

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    It i set as it should, sharpness control goes from 1-7, have tried them all, and I don´t have it in zoom mode when working with edius, have to investigate further !!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    The Phillips 16:9 TV has a sharpness control on the S-Video input menu, can you check what it is set to

also, make sure the Phillips is not set to any zoom mode, this would instantly soften the picture

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    It is A standard Philips widescreen TV

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    make and model of external monitor?

Leave a comment:

• Ludde
    replied
    I use Standard definition clips, I work in Pal 720x576 (16:9), and I don´t have my project setting to HD, and I do not output to an HD-display

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    By chance are you using Standard Definition clips in a High Definition project, or outputting SD to an HD display?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X