Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    you should be able to place timeline cursor at timeline position where you would like to place shot from other camera

then place other camera clip in player window

then click "match frame player to recorder", then mark in and drag to to cursor position
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...atch-frame.mp4

Leave a comment:

• Raja
    replied
    Best option is to have free run timecode on and leave the cameras on. This way if a cam battery does need changing or the operator starts stops, then the free run timecode is a backup to sync it easily.

I've found even with free run timecode on identical cameras, it does go out of sync by a frame if the cams are switched off and on during a battery change.

Even though Edius puts in the gaps when dragging the clips to the track, I still have to sync the 2 tracks once. I can't seem to get Edius to sync with the timecode for both tracks automatically.

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    When you have master (from SEG), then you can sync all cameras to it much easier.
    Let the video from each camera run from start to the end: you will need to sync ONE time.
    Operator/cameraman stop 100 times: you will need to sync 100 times.

You don't have much choice there :-)

I tried the Plural Eyes software, It will help but you don't get the frame accurate due to the location of cameras (audio delay). So set up all cameras with camera flash will be the best :-)

Leave a comment:

• Philip Howells
    replied
    We use multicam on almost every shoot - usually five cameras under Edius 6 - so can we help by clarifying one or two misconceptions which seem to have arisen in this thread?

If your cameras are stopped and started during an event there's little or no point in multicam editing; the time you spend syncing each section will almost certainly outweigh the time you'll save editing - the big benefits come when the cameras are started at about the same time and stopped at about the same time at the end of the event.

Editing an event shot like this is simple and fast - it's just like sitting in a gallery calling the shots (in the old days) except that with Edius multicam if you make a mistake you can go back and correct it - (in the old days it went out to air!)

Providing you're properly equipped ie big cards and big batteries in each camera there's no problem with this method, even if one camera temporarily moves to cover another activity; as soon as it's back on site your edit's still in sync.

We used to use Liquid which, because the waveforms could be shown very large in the preview monitor (a wish for Edius) the sync could be done manually. In Edius we use Plural Eyes but remember you must have at least a guide soundtrack for PE to work. I know some like the flashgun technqiue but electronic flash duration is typically 1000th second which is too short for some camera/shutter settings. Sound sync is easier, especially with PE.

Finally FWIW our camera are set to free run and are left that way, just in case the TC should ever interfere with the sync - mind you, it never has yet.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• timothychew
    replied
    is it going to go according to my time code if I stop record and start record ..

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    yes you can

Leave a comment:

• timothychew
    replied
    but if I stop Can I still use multicam

but if I stop Can I still use multicam

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    If you use free run timecode, stopping and starting the camera is not such a big problem.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    If you are planning on using Multicam, it is wise to not start and stop
    the camera....especially if you intend to use timecode.
    That way you just match up to timecode and you are off and running.
    As Dave said, syncing to a photoflash work pretty well too.
    The key is to let those cameras roll....continuously.

Leave a comment:

• timothychew
    replied
    Do u mean u guys make the camera in EFP run all the way

Do u mean u guys make the camera in EFP run all the way

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Of course you can Multicam any footage. I think SD is after a smoother workflow for future jobs.

With your camera operators going on/off throughout the program, it won't make your job any easier.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• timothychew
    replied
    without freerun

so if I use a normal cam without freerun

I use edius to do the multitracking editing

Do u guys thinnk it is ok

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    If your cameras have free-run capability, just make sure to reset all TC to 0 for all cams, then switch on freerun. You might be off one or a couple of frames after capture, but at least you're close to the source and you can match it with audio (Or photo flashes if available).

Leave a comment:

• timothychew
    replied
    Multitracking

how to sync all this standalone cam
    with my SEG that is recording using DVCAM DSR 11

USing Super cable ( not IEEE1394 )

Can I set the date and time code to sync with my others cam

SEG record the whole thing

ANy solution

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Originally posted by timothychew View Post
    I am using edius

but My problem is my camera man pause alot during consert

Cam 1 : like 30 clip
    cam 2 : 100 clip
    cam 3: 55 clip
    cam 4 :19 clip

can I still use edius multicam
    This is going to be a huge project no mater what software you use. If all cameras had their timecode synced to a master clock it will be "less" of a project, but trouble none-the-less.

#1 rule...
    Mark your tapes.
    #2 rule...
    Tape is cheap, let the cameras run.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X