• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do u mean u guys make the camera in EFP run all the way

Do u mean u guys make the camera in EFP run all the way
    seavideo

Comment

If you are planning on using Multicam, it is wise to not start and stop
      the camera....especially if you intend to use timecode.
      That way you just match up to timecode and you are off and running.
      As Dave said, syncing to a photoflash work pretty well too.
      The key is to let those cameras roll....continuously.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

If you use free run timecode, stopping and starting the camera is not such a big problem.

Comment

but if I stop Can I still use multicam

but if I stop Can I still use multicam
          seavideo

Comment

yes you can

Comment

is it going to go according to my time code if I stop record and start record ..
              seavideo

Comment

We use multicam on almost every shoot - usually five cameras under Edius 6 - so can we help by clarifying one or two misconceptions which seem to have arisen in this thread?

If your cameras are stopped and started during an event there's little or no point in multicam editing; the time you spend syncing each section will almost certainly outweigh the time you'll save editing - the big benefits come when the cameras are started at about the same time and stopped at about the same time at the end of the event.

Editing an event shot like this is simple and fast - it's just like sitting in a gallery calling the shots (in the old days) except that with Edius multicam if you make a mistake you can go back and correct it - (in the old days it went out to air!)

Providing you're properly equipped ie big cards and big batteries in each camera there's no problem with this method, even if one camera temporarily moves to cover another activity; as soon as it's back on site your edit's still in sync.

We used to use Liquid which, because the waveforms could be shown very large in the preview monitor (a wish for Edius) the sync could be done manually. In Edius we use Plural Eyes but remember you must have at least a guide soundtrack for PE to work. I know some like the flashgun technqiue but electronic flash duration is typically 1000th second which is too short for some camera/shutter settings. Sound sync is easier, especially with PE.

Finally FWIW our camera are set to free run and are left that way, just in case the TC should ever interfere with the sync - mind you, it never has yet.

Hope this helps.
                Edius 6.52; i2500K; Gigabyte Z68P-DS3; 8Gb RAM; 124Gb SSD for system, 5x1Tb HDD on board; 1Tb & 500Gb HDD off-board; 2Tb RAID1 out-board; BCF2000; Shuttle Pro2; Radeon 5 series dual display, HD Spark, HD monitor. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, New Blue Fx Art Blends, Video Essentials 2, 3, 4, Titler Pro 1 and ColourFast, ProDad Defishr.

Comment

When you have master (from SEG), then you can sync all cameras to it much easier.
                  Let the video from each camera run from start to the end: you will need to sync ONE time.
                  Operator/cameraman stop 100 times: you will need to sync 100 times.

You don't have much choice there :-)

I tried the Plural Eyes software, It will help but you don't get the frame accurate due to the location of cameras (audio delay). So set up all cameras with camera flash will be the best :-)
                  Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
                  Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
                  Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

Best option is to have free run timecode on and leave the cameras on. This way if a cam battery does need changing or the operator starts stops, then the free run timecode is a backup to sync it easily.

I've found even with free run timecode on identical cameras, it does go out of sync by a frame if the cams are switched off and on during a battery change.

Even though Edius puts in the gaps when dragging the clips to the track, I still have to sync the 2 tracks once. I can't seem to get Edius to sync with the timecode for both tracks automatically.
                    Raja Singh
                    Sadha Video
                    UK
                    1st:HDStorm+expansion bay,i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650,Lian Li PC-A7110B Tower Case,NEC 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
                    2nd:HDSpark, i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, Asus P8Z77-V,16Gb Corsair RAM,nvidia GT-650, Lian-Li case, Asus 24" Monitor,Win7 64bit,Vistitle 2.6,Edius 8.2
                    3rd:IntensityPro4K,i7 4790K,Asus Z97-K,16Gb Corsair RAM,Geforce GTX750Ti,Corsair case,Asus 24"Monitor, Win7 64bit,Vistitle2.6,Edius 8.2
                    Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

you should be able to place timeline cursor at timeline position where you would like to place shot from other camera

then place other camera clip in player window

then click "match frame player to recorder", then mark in and drag to to cursor position
                      http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...atch-frame.mp4
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X