Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exported 30p .MOV file listed as "Top Field First"

Hi everyone.

Slightly confused over an issue I'm facing at the moment. I'm working with Edius 5.50.

I'm working with some HD 1920x1080 29.97p clips and my project settings match those specs. I'm trying to prepare some Uncompressed Quicktime files for a client. When I check the properties of the exported .MOV clip under field order it says "Top Field First" suggesting the clip is being recognized as interlaced.

The same thing happened when I used Procoder 3 to try and create some H.264 QT files.

I'm quite confused over this and obviously I don't want to waste my clients time by sending material in the wrong format.

Thanks in advance for any information.

you can't really make interlaced out of progressive, even if the resulting file would show as interlaced, both fields of each frame would be identical, so technically it is not interlaced

quicktime does all wonderful and strange things when it comes to reporting

look at how many times there is new updates for QT player, do I need to say more?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks

Anton, thank you so much for that clarification.

It was certainly making me scratch my head. I'll go ahead and prepare those clips then.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
      X