exporting separate audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exporting separate audio

I don't even know if this is possible; if I want to edit the audio of my current NLE and I want to have more options I can export the audio file and import that into f.i. Adobe audition. This gives me one big file with all the layered audio merged into one track.

Is there not a way to export a audio file from Edius but so that it preserves all the different layers so when you import it again in another professional audiosoftware you could manipulate each audio layer separately?

Might be wishful thinking but you never know. :)

You can try to use AAF and the disable video use Audio only export.
    Export the files to wav and they will be separate for tracks.

You can also use the wav exporter and export the tracks one at a time. (by disabling the other tracks)
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

Just that I express myself right I included a image below, the top audio track has the different audio files and the track below that is how it looks after it's exported, I want to be able to export out of the NLE and import into a audio program but with the seperate files still looking like in the top audio track.

Can that be achieved with AAF? If so, where can this export preset be found?

Comment

I sent you a PM. Do you have Edius or Neo?

AAF is under File>Export

Comment

I'm not a Canopus user "yet", I"m still checking what the possibilities are to have more control over the audio part of Edius before I jump ship. :)
          As you can see from the image I"m still a premiere pro (cs3) user, a friend of mine has edius installed and I will try your suggestion out for sure. Thanks a lot for your tip, I will report back as soon as I know more.

Comment

Yes what you want to achieve can be done with both methods I provided.
            Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

You can also export discrete audio channels by mapping the sequence settings to the screen shot (this is for 8 channels). I do not know if this will work correctly when opening in Audition.
              Attached Files

Comment

Or you can export wav files from each channel independently, one at a time. That way you have a second set of audio files that any audio program can use. I prefer this route over the AAF approach for my multicam edits and then do the audio editing in Vegas and Sound Forge. Make a master track and then bring back into Edius. I then have all the audio only files in one folder in sync with the video edit.

Ron Evans
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Hi Ron

So you do not have any problems using AAF from Edius to Vegas SF....my audio guy cant open the AAF files that I have sent him with Vagas or Sound Forge. are you doing anything special? The AAF's from Edius open fine in PPro CS4 and AE CS4, so I think this may be a Vagas problem...is your Vagas 64 or 32?
                  Thanks and regards.

Dave.
                  Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
                  www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

AAF opens just fine in Vegas Pro 8 or Pro 9 32bit only for anything coming from Edius.

Ron Evans
                    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Thanks Ron

I think this must be a Vegas 64bit problem.

Regards

Dave.
                      Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
                      www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Been quite busy and did not have the time to test but now I have some results, exporting from edius with aaf and importing that back into premiere cs3 worked with no problem, I got all my audio separated and on different tracks and I got a small videopreview as well, that is great!

Thanks all for the input, I finally decided to buy Edius pro through the crossgrade offer that is still valid untill end of this month, at that price it is a steal. Especially because a simple upgrade to premiere/encore cs5 will set me back for at least double that amount and I will have to invest in a new pc. With Edius I at least can put some more mileage on my pc.

Comment

Originally posted by noafilm View Post
                          Been quite busy and did not have the time to test but now I have some results, exporting from edius with aaf and importing that back into premiere cs3 worked with no problem, I got all my audio separated and on different tracks and I got a small videopreview as well, that is great!

Thanks all for the input, I finally decided to buy Edius pro through the crossgrade offer that is still valid untill end of this month, at that price it is a steal. Especially because a simple upgrade to premiere/encore cs5 will set me back for at least double that amount and I will have to invest in a new pc. With Edius I at least can put some more mileage on my pc.
                          Welcome to the club!

Comment

Working...
                          X