Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot import any picture format in edius 5.5

Hi,

I'm having issues with Edius 5.5 - it can't import *.jpg, *.png, *.png... I have tried variety of formats, but no success... Error message: "can't open file" (or something like that). It is quite interesting that I didn't have problems with version 5.0 (I used to drag 'n' drop picture files from my Desktop/Windows Explorer and it went well... ). I think that picture support had come with version 4.5.

I have read a few topics about similar issues
    (http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...pen+jpg&page=3)
    (http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...n%27t+open+jpg)

...and none of this solutions worked for me.

I don't know what to do (I reinstalled Quicktime player, upgraded it to the most "freshest" version; I reninstalled Edius, but no avail. I also tried to resize my pictures (640x480), but no success.

Thanks in advance,

Nemanja

I would try updating Quicktime one more time. You might try a past or legacy driver version.

Comment

Just checking that on your install of Edius you are going V5.0 then V5.1 then V5.5...it needs to be in that order, just a thought.
      Maybe also try removing your QuickTime and then install the version from Edius install...if that works then upgrade to the latest QT version.

Dave.
      Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
      www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Hate Quicktime?

Not being a fan of bloatware, I've kind of gone the opposite direction with Quicktime Alternative.

What started as an experiment to avoid additional Apple software running in the background, seems to be working fine.
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

I had this problem and my solution was to totally uninstall QuickTime by completly removing it from the registry. Otherwis it would not reinstall properly.

Also Apple has a stepwise procedure for uninstalling Quicktime. But they were never suggesting cleaning the registry.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

I had this problem and my solution was to totally uninstall QuickTime by completly removing it from the registry. Otherwis it would not reinstall properly.
            Thanks for the tip! I will try to record my installation with Total Uninstall, and then completely remove it. After that, some Ccleaner for registry cleaning (and after that double check with manual removal of registry keys).

legacy driver version
            What does this mean, can you be more specific? I'm running Quick Time v7.6.6

Just checking that on your install of Edius you are going V5.0 then V5.1 then V5.5...it needs to be in that order, just a thought.
            Thank you nakedeye, but I did it in that order :)

Hey Rusty, I will try that Quicktime Alternative if you have good experience with it :)

OK, those are good pieces of advice. Thank you all! I hope that my next post will be "Solved".

Nemanja

Comment

yes this work

Originally posted by adspencer View Post

Also Apple has a stepwise procedure for uninstalling Quicktime. But they were never suggesting cleaning the registry.
              I tried it and work , unnistal all quicktime and reinstall it
              Ruy Mesquita

windows 10 64bit latest version
              motherboard asus prime X370 Pro
              processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700x eight core
              32 GB Ram
              graphic card Msi GTX 1070 Aero

tvamadora.pt

Comment

Working...
              X