Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    I have already said this before but third party plugins are being looked at very seriously and I hope we will see good tings in the near future :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    A new release of the plug-in pack will come out with the 4.5 release - whether it addresses your issues, I am not certain. (for lack of hardware+the third party apps)

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    I am not patient at all. I just keep thinking the worst, like it's no 28 of 83 items to look at one day.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTV
    replied
    So, here we are again, right back to my original post - can we fix the AE plugin please?

Paul - patient but obstinate.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    I have Production Premium CS3. You can just copy the plugin from the existing install.

PS. Dave. I can't switch anymore like you mentioned. It was working with AE 5.5

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Try copying the "Canopus" folder in the AE7's plug-ins folder and paste it into the CS3 plug-ins folder. It should work, but obviously application switching won't work.

I am using OHCI Preview out of CS3 trial right now. I miss component :(
    Just ordered the CS3 production upgrade, should get here next week.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff in Ocala
    replied
    I just updated to CS3 mainly for after effects, and I no longer see video out to my monitor. I am running 3.64 edius pro on a pc. I have the video out plug in installled and it worked for AE 7 is there an updated one that will work for the latest version of after effects? do I have to do an uninstall and reinstall with the video output plug in I currently have? any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by harveylexton View Post
    So I suppose that NX will die shortly, like Rex, Storm, etc. it will be left to shear pc processing power like quad core 2 extreme to make Edius work
    Sometimes you guys come up with crazy ideas... Nobody said NX is dying. And EDIUS's processing power pretty much is already left up to sheer PC processing power.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by DVcatastrophe View Post
    I think the answer to this sort of question goes down to $$$, market share, and how much business such developments will bring to the Edius software.
    Yes, and it also involves a hidden cost that a lot of people don't realize. Having an SDK means dedicating resources to develop and maintain it and the relationships from it. That means people and time, and both cost money, even if it might save people/time in the future, that's the future.

Imagine how long it takes you to train someone to do something substantial that you do every day. It's like teaching someone how to drive, you can't just throw them in the car and expect them to magically learn (at least without causing significant damage).

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Indeed, Canopus no longer exists. We are Grass Valley, a Thomson brand. That means all the stuff that was formerly Canopus is now Grass Valley.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by harveylexton View Post
    So I suppose that NX will die shortly, like Rex, Storm, etc. it will be left to shear pc processing power like quad core 2 extreme to make Edius work
    No, because a hardware output card is still needed for you to have synchronized video output to your professional monitor. Also the NX is just an I/O board, so Edius is still dependent on your computer's power.

Leave a comment:

• T-Bone
    replied
    Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    unless GV buys the hardware line
    not sure what you mean by this - GV bought Canopus, not individual products

Leave a comment:

• harveylexton
    replied
    NX not Grass valley

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Don't forget, products like NX are not Grass Valley, so I'd imagine, unless GV buys the hardware line, we'll see less support for plug-ins before we see more. As mentioned above, it's all about the $$$.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• DVcatastrophe
    replied
    I think the answer to this sort of question goes down to $$$, market share, and how much business such developments will bring to the Edius software. Their past integrations with big 3rd party Vendors didn't bring them the market share they expected, so I don't see why they would think it would work second time around. but if they strike a decent partnership, who knows?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X