Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
    You don't need Creative Suite, just Premiere PRO
    You're right, but it's still around $800 unless you already have premiere and then I think it's around $300 to upgrade. But I think if I understood Alan's post, he didn't want to spend anything like that.

DVD Lab has served me well and I really like it, but I don't do BD. But, I have Encore if I ever get into BD.
    Jeff Chandler
    High School Broadcast Adviser
    Freelance videographer & editor

Comment

my players are LG-BD370 and Sony BDP-S560, both fail

in any case, sorry for steering this thread off topic, I just felt it was related to Blu-ray and its problems
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        my players are LG-BD370 and Sony BDP-S560, both fail

in any case, sorry for steering this thread off topic, I just felt it was related to Blu-ray and its problems
        Anton, see if your player firmware can be update here.
        http://www.blu-ray.com/firmware/
        I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

my Sony player is connected to net via built in wireless network

when I connect to update server, it tells me that I already have the latest firmware
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I have Roxio DVDit 6.4, TMPGenc Authoring Works 4, Adobe Encore CS4.

DVDit - technical support - ZERO. Asked them for upgrade to 6.5 - no reply. I am not going to buy DVDit anymore.

Encore CS4 - okay, if you need all the bells and whistles, plus integration to the rest of the CS4 suite.

TMPGenc AW4 - extremely easy to use, very fast.

I don't author BluRay - only DVDs. In Singapore, there are NO demand from clients for programs on BluRay. The blank media are horribly expensive too. BluRay writers - costs an arm and a leg. We just supply HD to them on "computer playable format" - like MP4.
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I use Encore for everything. It is very simple, once you learn the tricks.
              Integration with AE is the key. The dynamic link feature from Premiere to Encore was so bad that the best way to work was through AE. I will more than likely upgrade to CS5, but since Encore is still 32bit and the main improvement is MPEG playback and handling, CS3 and CS4 will do fine for now. I feed it either uncompressed files or encoded files from PC3 or AME. It works fine on all three.
              The encoded files are either MPEG2 or AVC h.264.
              The key to Encore is keeping the cache clean. Once you remove an asset from the project it is best to remove it from the cache as well.
              I also own DVDITPROHD 2.64 as well as other programs. I stopped using DVDITPROHD a long time ago because of the lack of popups and no updates.

The best program that I have tried is Netblenders DoStudio. It is also ready for 3d authoring. It is big bucks.....but well worth it for what it does for Blu-ray production.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                my Sony player is connected to net via built in wireless network

when I connect to update server, it tells me that I already have the latest firmware
                Vivitar played fine on my PS3, in fact I never ever had any problem playing blu-ray movie with it. Maybe you could contact sony and complaint so they will put out a firmware for it to play it.
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Anton, Avitar plays fine on my Panasonic Blu Ray player and Panasonic Full HD TV. I updated it's firmware, maybe that helped.
                  i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                  RAM 32 GB.
                  ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                  PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                  Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                  OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                  Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                  SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

Working...
                  X