No announcement yet.

Is this render time about right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My system performance is similar 7.5 to 7.6 for everything except HD, which is 5.9. I have no problems working with HD material on my current machine, rendering only when playback stops. The HD performance will improve I assume when the Sata 3 (6 Gb/s) and USB 3 (USB drives) become the norm with the release of the new MB's and HD's.
    i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
    RAM 32 GB.
    ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
    PS Thermaltake 1kW.
    Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
    OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
    Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
    SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

I think 5.9 is a pretty standard score for a regular 7200rpm sata drive. 10k or SS drives should score higher.

Comment

Thanks, it is good to know that my system is not going to hold things up.
        Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          yes, the system performance test is part of Win7, 7.9 is the highest score

I have no idea which dingbat invented 7.9 to be the highest score, why not 10 or 100?????
          This time around M$ was thinking a bit ahead and did not go to 10 or 100 due to the ever changing hadware improvements.

In some artical they stated that they don't want the existing performance index to drop so when i.e. the next gen processors will hit 10, you current system performance will stay at 7.9 (given that it is that high now)

My question back at M$ for this seemingly smart thinking, will the index extend beyond the scale of 10 ?
          Maybe they rely on the good old HDD to keep the score down, and ance the questions arise Windows 8 has hit the shelves :)
          Last edited by SoundFreak; 05-09-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            I also pay no attention to the render line color, it will be wrong in 99.99% of the cases

the real test is to go to app settings and tick to stop playback on frame drop, if playback stops, then you know you need to render, but only if you plan to play out to tape, no need when going to DVD or Blu-ray or any other file format, because it is automatically rendered as part of the export
            Same here, I never bother, all those different color lines and as Chris says "all of the built-in effects, filters, transitions, etc. that are a part of EDIUS, you will rarely see that red line."
            Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Working...
            X