Have you tried this workflow?

1. Finish your video editing in Edius

2. Export the whole timeline

3. Import it into SFP and do your whole audio work there

4. Export the master

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Thanks for the info. But, I do I incorporate the data files of SonicFire into Edius? They still need to be converted to WAV first, then I import each "small" audio WAV into Edius - right? If I do that, I loose the Smart Razar and Smart Extend ability of SonicFire Pro software. But - yes - I haven't thought about it until you mentioned it to me. Will try it out the next video editing session.

Leave a comment:

• Roy Colquitt
    replied
    Originally posted by tingsern View Post
    I wonder how you folks do incorporate background sounds into EDIUS workflow? Currently, I use SmartSound's SonicFire Pro software. But, is a pain - because I have to export the entire timeline into AVI - use standalone SonicFire Pro software to master the background music (by reading that AVI), export that music as 48Khz WAV, put it back into EDIUS by another audio track. I have lots of SmartSound's library of sounds here. In Adobe Premiere, they have a plugin - but, none for EDIUS.
    You may feel that you need the precision of working with the video in Sonicfire, but something that can help--at least with feeling out/trying different cuts--is that the Edius timeline and Sonicfire can run simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    started a topic Background music in EDIUS?

Background music in EDIUS?

I wonder how you folks do incorporate background sounds into EDIUS workflow? Currently, I use SmartSound's SonicFire Pro software. But, is a pain - because I have to export the entire timeline into AVI - use standalone SonicFire Pro software to master the background music (by reading that AVI), export that music as 48Khz WAV, put it back into EDIUS by another audio track. I have lots of SmartSound's library of sounds here. In Adobe Premiere, they have a plugin - but, none for EDIUS.
Working...
X