Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem exporting 16:9

I have never had this problem before.

My project and assets are 1920x1080 50i. I export one set in full HD (HQ Canopus) and 2 sets in 720x576 16:9 (HQ Canopus).

Today I exported 2 disks like this with no problem. Suddenly, even though in the F11 settings, I choose SD 720x576 like I did this morning AND it says 16:9, Edius is exporting 5:4!! So the picture is "squished".

Please don't reply obvious suggestions like "check your project settings" etc... I have done all the obvious. I have even gone ahead and did a system restore and even reinstalled EDIUS. Furthermore, like I said, I had exported 2 disks this morning with NO problem. They were 720x576 16:9 and they exported just like that. Something strange happened and I wanted to ask you if you had a similar experience and know what to do.

Thanks.
    Last edited by zvit; 04-26-2010, 04:17 PM.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

if you play the exported SD HQ file in Edius, it should be 16:9

if you play it in windows media player, it will be 5:4 because the Canopus HQ codec does not have an aspect flag that other software understands

sometimes, if you change project setting to SD 16:9 and then export to Canopus HQ, windows media player may play the file 16:9

if you export to DV avi 16:9 and choose MSDV, it will play 16:9 in all third party players, because the MSDV file will carry a 16:9 aspect flag
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Still a problem...

I tried the following things and ALL resulted not good: (Not good it computer media player AND not good after burning to DVD)

1. Project HD 16:9 - exported to Canopus 16:9 (The way I always did it and it used to work)

2. Project SD 16:9 DV - exported to Canopus 16:9
      3. Project SD 16:9 DV - exported to DV 16:9 (using MSDV)
      4. Re-imported to any of the above to a 16:9 project (This DID show as 16:9 on the clip properties) and then exported to all the above.

Nothing helped. When I import the exported clip to encore and burn to disk, it is "squished". Like I said, I have burned 2 such disks yesterday morning alone and had no problem! The DVDs are DV 16:9 and display correctly both on media players and in DVD after the Encore burn.

Any other ideas?

p.s. I suspected maybe a problem in the project file (since I had restored my system and that didn't help) so I opened an auto save from before the problem and exported from that but still the same problem.
      Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

Squished 4:3 is 16:9, you are probably lossing the 16:9 flag somewhere, if you import a anamorphic DV file into Encore and set it as 16:9 it should burn a DVD with a flag.
        GA-EP45C-DSR3,Core2Q3ghz,8gig1066,260GTX,2x 20"AOC,22"Vizio1080pTV, Edius5/HDspark,PC3,Imaginate, CS5ProdStudio/IntensityPro,Win7_64
        HPdv7t 17"notebook,8gig,2 IntHD,9600GT512M,17"extmon, Edius4.61,CS4Prodstudio.Win7_64,MX02Mini
        DAW,HPdv9000,x2Turion,4Gig,2IntHD,Audition3,Cubase 4,XPpro,Alessis F/Wmixer,M-Audio F/Wmixer,BCF2000, BehringerMixers, Fender sound sys
        Numerous Ext eSATA drives & Raids shared between systems

Comment

I don't want to burn in Edius. I need to export it and burn it in Encore.

Any ideas why Edius is not exporting the 16:9 flag as of yesterday morning? If it's an Edius problem, how did doing a system restore to a week ago not help? I didn't use Windows Restore... I use Acronis True Image Home 2010 witch is a sector by sector restore.

Comment

Originally posted by zvit View Post
            I don't want to burn in Edius. I need to export it and burn it in Encore.

Any ideas why Edius is not exporting the 16:9 flag as of yesterday morning? If it's an Edius problem, how did doing a system restore to a week ago not help? I didn't use Windows Restore... I use Acronis True Image Home 2010 witch is a sector by sector restore.
            you are going about this the wrong way

as I said, Canopus avi files don't have an aspect flag that is understood by anything other than Canopus

here is how you would export for Encore DVD and it is super fast, Encore will not do any further encoding
            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...am-export.html

and here is how you would export for Encore Blu-ray and it is super fast, Encore will not do any further encoding
            http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ay-export.html
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

It might be a wrong way but has worked just fine until yesterday morning.

I can't export Mpeg2 because then in Encore I get flashing green frames all over the place and I have read that this is an issue between Adobe and Canopus that hasn't been solved yet. And yes, the green frames show in my final DVD too and not just in the Encore preview window.

p.s. If I DO export m2v, there is no 16:9 problem. Even Windows media player plays it 16:9 but like I said, it won't work for burning with Encore.

Comment

if that is true, then Encore is faulty software, I never heard anyone having problems with DVD compliant elementary streams, Encore should accept them as is without any further encoding

or use something that works for sure such as DVD-Lab Pro, a proven workhorse, I use in and many others on this forum
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Here's the Encore problem with Adobe's responses:
                  http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=1591

I'ts old and I was told a few minutes ago by an Adobe user that they resolved this issue in Encore CS4 (I use CS3) so I will try to install CS4 and see what happens.

I might also give the DVDlab a try.

I just hate it when something goes so wrong after months and I can't figure out what the cause is. What baffles me the most is that I restored the computer to a time before the problem so any Edius and system files that worked in the past have no logical reason not to work now. Just plain frustrating is what it is.

Thanks for your help

Comment

I am sure you will be fine with Encore CS4 or CS5

feed them elementary streams and they should be happy

as I was told once by GrassValley_BH, Canopus avi or any other non MSDV avi will not carry an aspect flag, it is up to the software to guess or for the end user to set the correct flag

for example, I export my timeline to Canopus HQ, then I open it in T4 Xpress and it sees it as 4:3, so I set the flag to 16:9 and you can see the change right away, then I encode to elementary streams mpeg for DVD or Blu-ray

I am surprised Encore does not have a source aspect override function
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

In Encore CS3 file properties can be changed. Detailed instructions are in the help file. It is under file menu>Interpret Footage>Conform To, there is a list of the standard pixel ratios to choose.

Ron Evans
                      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Ron Thanks so much. Worked. Life saver.

Anton, thanks to you too! I will look into your solutions as well and try to figure out why this happened.

Comment

Working...
                        X