Which filter do I use for cropping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which filter do I use for cropping?

I am used to just using a filter called "crop" in my old software, but what filter enables this in Edius?

I would like to change the shape of a crop to be a circle or elipse.
    Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Most of our crops are straight line crops though you can blur the edges with 3DPIP. Depending on what you are doing, the region filter might work for you if you need an ellipse.

Comment

Originally posted by John Hooper View Post
      I am used to just using a filter called "crop" in my old software, but what filter enables this in Edius?

I would like to change the shape of a crop to be a circle or elipse.
      in Edius, you crop by layout screen (F7) or 3D Picture in Picture in Keyers.

To change the shape of a crop, try some options on 3D PIP. Or alternatively, you can use region filter. Or alternatively, you can use a self-made picture with transparency center for overlay layer.

Comment

Thanks, not quite as simple as I hoped, but part of the learning curve.

What I have is a name badge on the video, which is oval in shape. I just want to isolate this to put in a title.

UPDATE:

I have found that I can do it using the Region filter.
        Last edited by John Hooper; 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM.
        Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

Working...
        X