Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Imaginate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Imaginate

    Since I don't know where to ask this question....?

    On the old forums someone had posted a short set of instructions on how to export HDV out of Imaginate. I figured how to get HQ out of there but that is one huge file.

    Does anyone remember how to do that.
    Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

    Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

  • #2
    Is this going back into Edius? (on topic (tee hee))
    Just import the .ivp files.

    How big are your photos?
    I (generally) use 300dpi with nice results.

    Uou can use Procoder or Speed Encoder to create .m2t (HDV) files.

    Rusty
    Rusty Rogers | Films
    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

    An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

    Comment


    • #3
      Is this going back into Edius? (on topic (tee hee))

      Yea, I know it is not exactly on topic but there is no Imaginate forum anymore. :-)

      Anyway, I never thought of importing the IVP files but know it is possible. The few times I have imported ivp files I have had playback errors at some point. I build out most of the montage in Imaginate. I have a little fun in AE with a few clips and then cut the place holder out of an imaginate generated file and insert the exported AE clip. I will have to try with an ivp file and see what happens.

      I just wanted to export out of imaginate in HDV so the file sizes wouldn't be as big as the HQ export. My imaginate project is 16x9 1920 width. When I play back the photomontage it will be in SD so I will render down to avi but when I create a final product down the road I will be able to do it in HD. I am just trying to save some disc space with all the small projects.

      Update....I just imported an IVP clip into Edius. It is good till you try and put a cut in it then everything gets mixed up. I suppose I could import the IVP and then render to HDV simpler edit. Since no fancy editing is needed HDV is an option. :-)

      I remember someone once posting a short tutorial on saving from Imaginate to HDV....at least I think that is what it was.
      Last edited by Philip; 07-13-2007, 02:45 AM.
      Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

      Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

      Comment


      • #4
        The "trick" with using IVPs on the EDIUS timeline is that they eat a good amount of RAM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Philip View Post
          Is this going back into Edius? (on topic (tee hee))

          Yea, I know it is not exactly on topic but there is no Imaginate forum anymore. :-)
          You wouldn't suggest a need for one, would you?

          Originally posted by Philip View Post
          ...I have a little fun in AE with a few clips and then cut the place holder out of an imaginate generated file and insert the exported AE clip. I will have to try with an ivp file and see what happens.
          I've enjoyed the challenge of getting .ivp files to work and look like average clips. Within Edius I render only what I need.

          Originally posted by Philip View Post
          I just wanted to export out of imaginate in HDV so the file sizes wouldn't be as big as the HQ export. My imaginate project is 16x9 1920 width. When I play back the photomontage it will be in SD so I will render down to avi but when I create a final product down the road I will be able to do it in HD. I am just trying to save some disc space with all the small projects.
          I tend to render to the timeline anyway, what's one (or twenty) more?

          Originally posted by Philip View Post
          Update....I just imported an IVP clip into Edius. It is good till you try and put a cut in it then everything gets mixed up. I suppose I could import the IVP and then render to HDV simpler edit. Since no fancy editing is needed HDV is an option. :-)
          .ivp does have limitations, cut them up and things go haywire!.
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

          An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

          Comment

          Working...
          X