Canopus HQ.avi edited on Premiere Pro CS 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canopus HQ.avi edited on Premiere Pro CS 4

I'm cutting AVCHD and I recently got an Edius 5 and was quite happy to output using the Canopus HQ.avi for later editing with another Non-linear software.

Unfortunately for now, I'm more comfortable editing on the Premiere Pro CS 4. So what I do is, I edit the Canapus.avi on Premiere Pro 4 timeline and I am stuck when it comes to choosing the ideal output file (ideally Canopus HQ.avi) on Adobe Media Encoder because there isn't any.

My question is, is there such thing as a Canopus Plug-in of some sort for Adobe Media Encoder? If not, which file should I compress it to? Uncompressed avi?

My idea is to compress edited footage with picture quality similar to Canopus HQ and then combine/join them later for later output for a 1920X1080 h.264 format.

Thank you for reading this.

If you don't want to transcode anymore and work in Edius, Edius 5.5 was released today that allows for native AVCHD editing
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
      If you don't want to transcode anymore and work in Edius, Edius 5.5 was released today that allows for native AVCHD editing
      I want to transcode.

And yes I know 5.5 is up for download.

Comment

Originally posted by desertfox View Post
        I want to transcode.

And yes I know 5.5 is up for download.
        I'm curious. Why would you want to transcode?
        Jeff Chandler
        High School Broadcast Adviser
        Freelance videographer & editor

Comment

Chose Microsoft AVi and in settings you can choose CAnopus HQ but files will be large as i found out
          System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
          Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
          Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Use uncompressed for best result.

As someone now liberated (well 98%) from Prem CS4 and it's 19th Century slowness, I too wonder why anyone still uses it.
            Media coder is lame. When I absolutely have to transcode, I dump uncompressed and/or use Sorenson Squeeze. Now that 5.5 is here, my only remaining use for PCS4 will be for the odd plugin that I don't have in AE. Viva la liberation!

Comment

The Adobe Media Encoder, standalone from CS4,
              works great. I get really good mpeg2 SD and HD files
              from it. Also, avc for blu-Ray works in profile 4.1 and
              I have used as high as 35k on bd.
              Ask George Dame, he saw that disc.
              I also have sorreson and procoder 3.
              I can not see the difference between pc3 and AMC.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

My point was that PSCS4, which I have used extensively, was slow as mollases at rendering and editing efficiency. Likewise AME--compared to Sorenson. Lame in that respect. There simply is no comparison between Edius and PSCS 4 with respect to rendering, editing interface speed, etc. Edius simply blows it out of the water-- and even moreso now with 5.5.

Comment

Jerry's disk does look great and he is a stickler for quality. He has a multi-step process where he captures sometimes through his Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro, then edits in Edius, exports a master file from Edius and then encodes in Adobe Media Encoder for authoring in Adobe Encore.

All I can say is that his finished product is maybe the best quality I have seen from any of my customers. That is one great reason that I am fortunate to have him demo Edius for me at trade shows like WEVA.

You can meet Jerry st NAB. He will be demonstrating Edius in the Panasonic booth. He will be showing how well native AVCCAM files can be edited in Edius.
                  George Dame
                  Grass Valley / Canopus System Integrator - Nearly 13 Years
                  Providing Systems, Onsite Delivery, Support & Training Services Nationwide
                  Get Your Copy of The Edius 6 Comprehensive Tutorial by contacting me via PM, email or phone
                  Invite us to your local video association for a full demonstration!
                  www.editHD.com - 1-877-ieditDV

Comment

I'll be getting CS4, for the other components included, but will ocassionally dip into Premiere for an effect or two, or possibly 5.1 sound editing after completing my cut in Edius, so it's useful to have as an additional extra.
                    Even although Edius is by far the preferable program, it still lacks a feature or two.
                    My problem with Premiere Cs4 is that I know a lot of people who have serious probelms with it. One person had a version of PremCS4 which would either crash or put the audio out of synch whenever a video effect was applied. He swapped it to a later version, and thankfully it works now.
                    Yesterday I was at a friends, looking over his new Edius 5 HD system, and he has CS4, but had never bothered using Premiere. I clicked on it to have a look, and it just wont load at all, lots of error messages.
                    I need to ensure I get a fully working CS4 package. Trouble is where to look to find a decent version?

Comment

Working...
                    X