Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tingsern
    replied
    From what medium did you get the original clips from? If they are from 1940's - then it has to be film based. If you have access to the original films, you can re-scan them at 50 frames per second - just project the film on a white screen and point a HD camera at it.

Leave a comment:

• Harro
    replied
    Thanks Anton, it was an interesting exercise and learnt from it.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    DVD requires 50 unique images per second in Pal or 60 in NTSC

18 images per second will look bad no matter what you do

Leave a comment:

• Harro
    started a topic 18 FPS to what?

18 FPS to what?

I have some clips of rather old movies (dating back to the early 40's I think). Clip properties tells me that they the Video is 18 FPS progressive, and Audio 11.025KHz. I put the clips on the Edius (5.12) time line and burned DVD. Viewable but jerky in places. The next effort was to change the clip properties to 50i, not very good, worst than the original 18 FPS effort. Next try was to change the clip properties to 25p, (I am in PAL land) this was generally good except for scenes with quick pans and faster action that became rather jerky.
    Question: What would be the best solution to obtain as smooth as possible video output on the DVD? would 24p be better or just leave it at 18 FPS and accept the result?
    Resampling the audio to produce a 48KHz wave file made the whole video completely out of sync as the resultant wav file was "streched".
    Any solutions would be gratefully received.
Working...
X