Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muleferg
    replied
    EDIUS Broadcast 4.x DID NOT include AVC-Intra codec support--this was a separate ($1,000!) license plug-in that needed to be purchased separately and came with its own dongle.

I still have the $1000.00 Doggle. When I purchased the HPX2000 with AVC Intra board I had to upgrade. when i got the new doggle in 5. i don't need it except with and old machine with 4.6, I have 3 old doggles lying around in my desk.
    Mule

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_CP
    replied
    To be absolutely clear:

EDIUS v5 includes all former codecs supported in EDIUS Broadcast 4.x, plus AVC-Intra (and a few other goodies).

EDIUS Broadcast 4.x DID NOT include AVC-Intra codec support--this was a separate ($1,000!) license plug-in that needed to be purchased separately and came with its own dongle.

If you use the EDIUS License Manager utility (found in the "Tools" folder of your EDIUS v5 installation disk, seen as "EdiusLM.exe") with your EDIUS v5 dongle plugged into your computer, you will definitely see the AVC-Intra license on the list along with everything else. You can do the same thing with your EDIUS Broadcast 4.6 dongle, but unless you purchased the AVC-Intra Plug-in for EDIUS Broadcast 4.6, you will not see it listed there.

Leave a comment:

• rone
    replied
    It's interesting because the AVC-I codec shows up in the presets but when you try and import a clip using P2 importer you can't see the clip - this is in Edius Broadcast 4.6

Not tried my version 5 yet though.

Leave a comment:

• CentralEurope
    replied
    not sure regarding Neo though.
    for make "sure": you need a selfmade database with old links, in old color
    for make "sure": search not on the the "new colored sites", they lost many infos, which was aviable on the old sites
    this "new colored sites", change on many parts ==> exact technical infos to "marketing bla. bla." without exact technical infos
    example ==> comparisons-table from Neo to ....Edius ... can I not find on the "new colored marketing sites"

here is a link from my database ==> http://www.thomson-canopus.jp/tech/f...q000026_en.htm

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    When EDIUS 5 was released, the Broadcast moniker was dropped and all of the codecs were included with the dongle.
    And then they made Neo, sounds a bit similar to the Pro & Broadcast story, not :)

Indeed, it is included in Edius 5, not sure regarding Neo though.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Yep.

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/edius_5/more_codecs

With EDIUS 4, there was a Pro version and Broadcast version. The Broadcast version included AVC-Intra and a few other codecs, as far as I remember. When EDIUS 5 was released, the Broadcast moniker was dropped and all of the codecs were included with the dongle.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Are you sure? I seem to recall AVC-Intra requiring a separate license / dongle.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    But the point is, the license is included with 5.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    AVC-Intra still requires a license.

What was eliminated with V5.x was the distinction between the Pro and Broadcast version -- the latter included DVCPro HD while the former did not.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    You don't need one for 5.12.

Afaik you needed one for 4.x, but I don't remember exactly.

Leave a comment:

• rone
    started a topic AVC-Intra 100 LIcense

AVC-Intra 100 LIcense

I've got both 4.6 and 5.12

Do I need an AVC-I license for 5.12. Folk on here talk about needing one for 4.5+ but not 5.

Thanks.
Working...
X