Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xplode render settings

Ok so I've been editing for 4 years on my system and I have
    2 questions about the render settings for xplode 4 config.

1. What is the difference between draft mode and high quality mode?

The guy who set up my system told me to always leave it on
    draft mode.

2. Should the renderer be on my graphics display card or
    3D universal render? I don't know what the difference is?

Thank again I'm having a busy night on this forum tonight!!
    Using Edius 6

if you want to produce results to match the stone age, leave it on draft mode :)

otherwise leave it on high quality mode
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

But what is the difference? Does it affect the final product?
      Using Edius 6

Comment

of course it does, draft quality allows for faster renders so you can check to see if you like the effect

draft render was designed for the days when computers were really slow
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Well my computer is not the fastest in the universe as you can see.
          Will permantely changing it to high quality affect it much or should I just leave it on draft mode then change it to High quality before
          export?
          Using Edius 6

Comment

I meant to say will putting it in high quality mode slow my computer down more? It's almost 4 in the morning here and I'm getting
            cross eyed.....
            Using Edius 6

Comment

no, it won't slow your PC, it only determines render speed, so always leave it on high quality, it is the default of the program
              Anton Strauss

Comment

ok that is done!
                Using Edius 6

Comment

You know I feel like a jerk. You would think I should know all this stuff,
                  but all the technical stuff was never taught to me and the Edius
                  manuel doesn't go into much detail about buffers,rendering etc..

So if it wasn't for you and this forum I would still be at step 1.

There is so much I'm sure I still don't understand like when exporting files when to use Canopus HQ Avi Vs DV avi etc... there just isn't any
                  in depth info to explain a lot of this stuff....

Anyway both my video drives even though they are only 39% full
                  are telling me I should defrag the drive, but I don't like defraging in the middle of a job... What's your opinion?
                  Using Edius 6

Comment

Canopus HQ preserves more quality than DV but uses more disk space

I never defrag a video drive, not even in between jobs
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

Canopus lossless?

So you just reformat?
                      Using Edius 6

Comment

Originally posted by lauri View Post
                        Canopus lossless?

So you just reformat?
                        Canopus Lossless is even better than HQ but way larger in file size

no, I don't reformat, because when a project is complete, I copy and paste it to the storage drive

then I delete it on the video drive and guess what, the fragmentation is gone

video files cause very little fragmentation in the first place, because they are large
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

Video files cause little fragmentation because they're not extended, shortened or modified. The only time they get fragmented is if the free space is already fragmented when it is copied or captured.

Comment

Brandon, so why does it come up that my video drive needs to be defrag?

Thanks
                            Lauri
                            Using Edius 6

Comment

It might have a few fragments, or if you have other stuff on the drive, it might be reasonably fragmented. Once fragmentation starts, it accumulates quickly unless you get rid of stuff on the drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X