Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alade
    replied
    I do the same, but sometimes I get the logos, I go into Phoshop, set up a 4:3 pane, with transparency, and size it to what I want, after cleaning up of course, and save as a PNG file, and drop it on the uppermost track, and I am done..well, Ii will have to stretch it to cover the timeline of course.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by tjglfr View Post
    What is the purpose of the effect track expanding to the next clip when adding a transition? is this a glitch in the program? I've never seen this in other edl's.

To allow a keyer to be placed on several clips at once.

Example.

I had a Highschool send me 500 pictures to scan and make a end of the year video with.

After scanning I placed them all in Track V2 and added the music and transitions.

When I was done with the video I placed thier scholl logo on V1 and then placed 3dPiP on the pictures. All 500 of them with one drag of the mouse.

It came out looking great ad didn't take long to do at all :)

Leave a comment:

• tjglfr
    replied
    Now it does...Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    this is perfectly normal, you must overlap clips and then add a transition to the upper clip for the duration of the overlap

if there is no overlap, you can't blend from one to the other, it is logical

even when you add dissolves between clips on the same track, they extend into each other invisibly, you don't see it until you expand the audio track, then click the clip before the transition and you will see that it extends now to the end of the transition

now click the clip after the transition and you will see that it now extends to the beginning of the transition

do I make sense?

Leave a comment:

• tjglfr
    replied
    What is the purpose of the effect track expanding to the next clip when adding a transition? is this a glitch in the program? I've never seen this in other edl's.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
    On single track editing the transitions go between the 2 clips. On multitrack editing (or AB style editing), the transitions go into the keyer track part of the clip and the clips need to overlap each other.
    and the transition needs to be placed on the higher clip (VA2 etc), not on the lower one (VA1 etc)
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/e...ab-editing.gif

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    George, you are old school alright, I use single track all the time until I have the need like his then I will use A/B.(-:

Leave a comment:

• gdame
    replied
    I am old school, I prefer the A - B method. But better than the old single transition track!

I find it easier to see the edits in complex segments while zoomed out at 5 or more seconds scale.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    On single track editing the transitions go between the 2 clips. On multitrack editing (or AB style editing), the transitions go into the keyer track part of the clip and the clips need to overlap each other.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Just overlap your 2 clips on V1 and V2 and drag your transition effect into the gray area below the clip, you might have to expand your track if it is not expand already.

Leave a comment:

• tjglfr
    replied
    How do you transition from track A to track B (V1 to V2).

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by tjglfr View Post
    When I do a filter effect and then a dissolve to the next clip, the effects track expands to the following clip. Is there a way to avoid this?
    Use A/B style instead of A/A style transition.

Leave a comment:

• tjglfr
    started a topic Effects Track

Effects Track

When I do a filter effect and then a dissolve to the next clip, the effects track expands to the following clip. Is there a way to avoid this?
Working...
X