AVCHD converon in Edius 5.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCHD converon in Edius 5.12

I have a project that will have cut away clips from a AVCHD camera. I understand that the best way to deal with these clips currently in Edius 5.12 is to convert them in the bin one at a time or all at once. The greater part of the project (80%) is shot with a Sony ex-3 full HD. Will the conversion process to canopus HQ fine take a big resolution hit?

Would it be best in the future to shoot the Ex footage at HDV and the AVCHD camera at 1920x1080i? Would this would dumb down the Ex a bit and bost the AVCHD camera for a better resolution match in Edius?

Thanks
    Ronnie Martin
    Ronnie Martin
    Kato Video Productions
    main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

My AVCHD video looks better in a 1920x1080 project with mixing FX1, EX3, SR11 and XR500. I converted the SR11 and XR500 with the converter at HQ fine and see no change in quality just that Edius actually runs!!!!! FX1 HDV and EX3 were native files. Of this trio the FX1 was the one that looked off a little, more noise and not as sharp ( hence my recent purchase of a NX5U)

Ron Evans
    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Thanks Ron. I think I will set the EX-3 at 1440x1080i and the AVCHD camera at 1920x1080i and see what happens. The AVCHD clips will be short and close up.

Thanks for your reply.

Ronnie
      Last edited by RonnieMartin; 02-28-2010, 02:50 AM.
      Ronnie Martin
      Kato Video Productions
      main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Get the AVCHD2HQ free converter and you can convert then to 1920 or 1440 and do them in a batch

Comment

Originally posted by pjsssss View Post
          Get the AVCHD2HQ free converter and you can convert then to 1920 or 1440 and do them in a batch
          Where does one find the AVCHD2HQ free converter. I googled it and only came up with the site that wanted my password and user name of some site in Japan.
          Thanks

Comment

First, you’ll need to log in to a user account on the GV website. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for one. Once logged in, click on the “Services & Support” tab at the top of the page. And then scroll down the page to the “Downloads” area, and click on the “Desktop Products” link. What you will have available to you for download is context-sensitive based on the products in your product registry. However, the AVCHD2HQ converter is available to all users with an account. Click on the “General Utilities” link. The very first option available to download is the AVCHD2HQ converter. This version requires that you have EDIUS installed in order to operate.

Comment

Chris, will the converter work with Edius 4.62 Broadcast installed? I use it at home on my 5.12 system, but we still use broadcast at work until we upgrade. i haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Comment

From the download page...

"Note: This software requires that EDIUS v3.0 or higher, EDIUS Neo v1.0 or higher, or a FIRECODER Blu + FIRECODER Writer software be installed on the same system."

So I guess that is a yes. As far as EDIUS is concerned, HQ is HQ, regardless of your version of EDIUS (within reason...).

Comment

I can't believe I asked without looking - must be getting lazy :-)

Thanks Chris!

Comment

Working...
                  X