MPEG Generic Print to File problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG Generic Print to File problem

I am trying to use the print to file MPEG Generic to create a file for over the air video. We are editing in 4:3 and want to air 4:3. If it is played from the timeline it looks good, but when it's printed to file (.mpg) it makes everyone look short and fat. Any suggestions for settings or how to correct this problem.
    EDIUS 5.5 NX PCI-Express SD Dell T7500 Xeon E5504 2GB RAM NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 Windows XP Pro

is your project setting 4:3?

are you exporting using a 4:3 mpeg preset? remember to enable conversion to see all presets
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Where are the settings for the presets?? We are currently using Edius Neo 1.01, but are upgrading to Edius Pro 5.1 in the next week or two.
      EDIUS 5.5 NX PCI-Express SD Dell T7500 Xeon E5504 2GB RAM NVIDIA Quadro FX 580 Windows XP Pro

Comment

I viewed the statistics in our Stradis MPEG software and the Horizontal is 720 and the Vertical is 480 which is correct. The aspect ratio says 9:16 compared to other videos I know display properly that say 3:4. This is just more information I am trying to pass on

Comment

If your Neo (or Edius) project preset is SD 4:3 and your Mpeg export aspect ratio is set ot 4:3, the video should ber showing perfectly. What other products are in the export stream? Where are you exporting to?

Comment

Originally posted by ablandford View Post
            Where are the settings for the presets?? We are currently using Edius Neo 1.01, but are upgrading to Edius Pro 5.1 in the next week or two.
            at the bottom left of the export dialog, tick "enable conversion", then all presets will show

let me know if you can't find it and I will supply picture
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton

ablandford is here in the false (Edius) forum....
              ablandford wrote: We are currently using Edius Neo 1.01

In Neo1.01 ..... there is no Exporter like 5.12 or Neo 2.xx

screenshot from (my test-Neo 1.01)

step 1

step 2

friendly greeting, from the "picture-man" ......... located in CentralEurope
              CentralEurope aka Hans
              voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
              i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
              [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                at the bottom left of the export dialog, tick "enable conversion", then all presets will show

let me know if you can't find it and I will supply picture
                Could you supply a picture I am unable to find the "enable conversion"

Comment

I am unable to find the "enable conversion"
                  you can not find, this is a feature from Edius 5.12 or Neo 2.01
                  I am sure, you have the same export windows, as my Neo 1.1 screenshot (in german localice version)

Comment

Working...
                  X