AVCHD2HQ and SANYO AVCHD files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVCHD2HQ and SANYO AVCHD files

Firstly apologies for repeating a thread on this subject but all others are somewhat fragmented and contain contributions from members who don't use this camera or have access to these files.

So SANYO HD camcorder, set to 1080P 59.97fps with totally untweaked settings. If I drag the files to AVCHD2HQ latest version or use the right click 'send to' method I recieve the message 'could not read. (bad stream or unexpected packet)'. I can import raw SANYO files into the bin and select then right click convert but then I have all sorts of files I don't want and naming goes out of the window. I bought EDIUS on the strength of quick conversion to Canopus HQ files and easy editing but as I type this I'm waiting for several Gbs of media to convert and it'll be some time.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, EDIUS latest version (I'd tell you which version but I can't see that when the transcoding indow is open!) and the latest AVCHD2HQ version. Laptop is new with no messing and is based on an i7 processor with a Solid State Drive so can't see performance being an issue.

When will ths be fixed guys? Or is there something about my setup which prevents it being possible? I'm not the only one having this problem so hope you find time to take a look at it soon.

Which Sanyo camera do you have?

Comment

Sanyo HD2000

Comment

I've got a Sanyo HD2, and the HD files from that just play in the Edius timeline.

Have Sanyo changed the file format for the HD2000?
        System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
        System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

just like the newly announced Panasonic camcorders which use 1080p60 yes P !! the files are not true AVCHD files as this mode is OUTSIDE the AVCHD spec for that frame size and rate you can only used the interlaced mode.

The files are seemingly h.264 at 28mbs vbr which is part of the MP4 specification but not the AVCHD spec.

There also is no preset in Edius (i am guessing a bit here) for 1080p60/50 since its a new specification. Shame we don't have freeform frame size and rates

link to panny announcement http://www.slashgear.com/panasonic-u...rders-0973455/
          Last edited by mattie; 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Mp4 plays off the Edius timeline, or at least the stuff from my JVC does.
            System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
            System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Chaps this is exactly why I started a new thread. With the greatest of respect the non-standard format of my SANYO's files is well covered all over this and other forums. The point is not what format but why I can't use the AVCHD2HQ software with the above error messages. And no you can't play them straight off the timeline hence the reason i asked and the reason the AVCHD2HQ software exists in the first place.

I haven't tried EDIUS under anything other than Windows 7 and I'm suspecting the OS may be the reasoning behind it not working as it should.

Comment

hi jimbo - I think you have misunderstood - the files are NOT AVCHD files hence will not work on the AVCHD convertor - that only works with AVCHD files and not any old MP4 h.264 file. Your camera uses an MP4 codec as do AVCHD cameras but your file is not an actual AVCHD file. It will never work on this convertor unless they make it an MP4toHQ convertor then it will possibly transcode canon DSLR MOV files too since they are also MP4 but NOT AVCHD.

if you cant get ya head around that think of it like this - you can make an mpeg 2 file which is 60mbs and 2094x1280 but there isnt a dvd player in the land that will play such a file even so the codec is MPEG2 just like DVDs are MPEG2

Comment

Thanks Mattie. So is the right click -> convert feature in the bin unrelated? if not then what you (and others here) are saying makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo_hippo View Post
                    Thanks Mattie. So is the right click -> convert feature in the bin unrelated? if not then what you (and others here) are saying makes sense.
                    Unrelated in the sense that it has little to do with AVCHD2HQ. It will still convert your files to HQ though. Select them all in the Bin and do a Batch conversion.

Comment

Yes AVCHD2HQ is a stand alone app specifically for AVCHD files - you can right click in the bin and convert any playable files within Edius to the Canopus' codec.

This is about your only easy option.

Comment

Working...
                      X