No announcement yet.

Using CSV files as chapter points from EDIUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill, I got it to work finally but I also had to remove the "quotes" from the actual timecode and change the timecode to non drop frame, the ; to : before the frame numbers. I couldn't find a way to change the track to DF in DVDSP 3 prefs. and I had to remove the quotes from the name field because they were annoying. I don't have excel but converted the csv file on the mac with the text editor. Still alot faster then typing 56 chapter markers twice !!!

Thanks !!!
    Cool !
    Yes much quicker than typing 56 chapter markers yourself.

If you get Excel it will speed the process even more.

Bill :)
    GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
    www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

I tired every way from sunday and I cant get it to work, I quit! I tried saving CSVs as TXTs thought Exell I tired saving exported makers as TXTs I tried saving it as every single file format I could find and I just cant get them to work. I'll just type them in.
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
        I tired every way from Sunday and I cant get it to work, I quit! I tried saving CSVs as Texts thought Exell I tired saving exported makers as Texts I tried saving it as every single file format I could find and I just cant get them to work. I'll just type them in.
        The only thing I can think of that you might be doing wrong is that your importing the text file in the wrong area.
        Import the text file above the timeline.
        Right click and click on 'Import Marker List'

Disregard this if that's what you have been doing. . . .
        GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
        www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Thanks Bill,
          I got excited and went home and tried it. Still no go. oh well not that big a deal I guess.

Randy
          Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Randy.
            You have to have a clip in the video track otherwise import chapter markers is grayed out.
            Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Edius 7.53, Antec DF-85
            Corsair 850Watt P/S,ASUS P6X58DE,
            Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
            WD 600GB 10k RPM System Drive,
            WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

Comment

Working...
            X