Using CSV files as chapter points from EDIUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using CSV files as chapter points from EDIUS

If many other applications supported the .CSV file that Edius uses, it'd be really cool...because we could export this file and just import it into an authoring app and have the chapters show up in a second.

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    If many other applications supported the .CSV file that Edius uses, it'd be really cool...because we could export this file and just import it into an authoring app and have the chapters show up in a second.
    I convert the .CSV file into a text file
    and I import it into DVD Studio Pro,
    it shows up in a second alright.

Bill :o)
    GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
    www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Nice. Does Encore CS3 work with the Edius .csv files? Or it's not supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
        I do the same for DVDLab Pro using Excel except I remove the first column with the marker numbers (1 to 6etc) and then save as a txt file, imports with no problem and creates an index at the same time

Regards Barry
        Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
        GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
        Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
        Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
          I remove the first column with the marker numbers (1 to 6etc) and then save as a txt file...
          Barry, I too need to remove the 1st column as you described above.
          GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
          www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Bill :o)
            How did you get that to work? I tried but it won't import into DVD SP.
            Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Edius 7.53, Antec DF-85
            Corsair 850Watt P/S,ASUS P6X58DE,
            Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
            WD 600GB 10k RPM System Drive,
            WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

Comment

Originally posted by jerseymike View Post
              How did you get that to work? I tried but it won't import into DVD SP.

Originally Posted by Bluetongue:
              I remove the first column with the marker numbers (1 to 6etc) and then save as a txt file...
              Barry, I too need to remove the 1st column as you described above.
              Bill

Hi Mike,
              Sorry I forgot to mention that I need to save it as a txt file as well :(
              GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
              www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Hi Bill.
                I tried saving it as a text file but when I try to import it into DVD SP as a chapter list it says it imported 0 chapters :(
                Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
                WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

Comment

Hi Mike,

*1 - Open the .csv file in Excel

*2 - Remove the first column with the marker numbers (1 to whatever)

*3 - Save as a .txt file, if your doing this on the Mac,
                  save it as a windows txt file.

This is all I do and it works fine.

Let us know how you go.
                  GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                  www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

why not export direct to text file from Edius? makes no sense to export to CSV and then convert to text file

I do this daily and use the text file direct in DVD Lab Pro
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                      why not export direct to text file from Edius? makes no sense to export to CSV and then convert to text file

I do this daily and use the text file direct in DVD Lab Pro
                      Which version of Edius are you using, I have 4.24 and there is no TXT option?
                      Regards Barry
                      Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                      GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                      Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                      Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Wouldn't the Edius Marker Exporter plug-in make this job a whole lot easier?

http://www.matsab.de/markerexporter/...ExporterEN.htm

Comment

that's what I use and I assumed that everyone is using the marker exporter plugin? its been around as long as Edius

then again all this info was deleted with the old forum
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS 9 WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

That exporter is easier but you don't get the 'comments' of the markers.

Having the comments in DVD Studio Pro makes it quicker for me to connect the correct button on the DVD to the correct marker.
                            GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                            www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Hi Mike,

*1 - Open the .csv file in Excel

*2 - Remove the first column with the marker numbers (1 to whatever)

*3 - Save as a .txt file, if your doing this on the Mac,
                              save it as a windows txt file.

This is all I do and it works fine.

Let us know how you go.
                              Hi Bill, I got it to work finally but I also had to remove the "quotes" from the actual timecode and change the timecode to non drop frame, the ; to : before the frame numbers. I couldn't find a way to change the track to DF in DVDSP 3 prefs. and I had to remove the quotes from the name field because they were annoying. I don't have excel but converted the csv file on the mac with the text editor. Still alot faster then typing 56 chapter markers twice !!!

Thanks !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X