Crawling montage of small video clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawling montage of small video clips

Sorry to bother the Forum again but there is just a bit more help I'm after.
    I posted this earlier under the title Push Pull Transition.
    "I'm trying to set up a seamless moving montage of clips crawling across the screen."

With the help of our friends here I have solved part of the puzzle. I can now scroll a string of small clips seamlessly... in the one spot....BUT
    How do you manage to crawl a string of moving small clips (40%) across the full width of the screen?

Your further help would be appreciated.
    Mike Trewhella
    Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Not sure I understand fully....but you could maybe create a simple mask clip on the layer above using the background clip and cropping in the layout tool to the desired requirements.....if you need a feather or the like then a simple alpha mask from Photoshop exported as tga with alpha and alpha matte with the background clip....or maybe play with some transition settings on the keyer track.

Regards

Dave.
    Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
    www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

I have attached a diagram of what I'm trying to do.
      Each rectangle represents a moving clip. All clips are moving across the screen right to left in a continuous line.
      I have managed to get a number of clips doing this in one spot on the screen but can't figure out how to get a line of clips moving acroos the screen.
      Attached Files
      Mike Trewhella
      Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
        Sorry to bother the Forum again but there is just a bit more help I'm after.
        I posted this earlier under the title Push Pull Transition.
        "I'm trying to set up a seamless moving montage of clips crawling across the screen."
        OK - I THINK I get what you're after - You mean a seamless line of clips that are shrunk down to around 40% of their original size (but maintain they're aspect ratio) and are seen to scroll across the bottom (or wherever) of the screen from right to left - Like you sometimes see as a filmstrip effect on DVD menus etc?

OK - the blind push probably isn't what you're after in that case. Try using the 3D PIP (under Keyers) and take your first clip and reduce the size down to what you are after. Then position it off screen to the right from where you want it to enter. Set your keyframes from the start of the clip. Now position that same clip over off screen to the left at where you want it to exit. Set you keyframes again. Preview that (you may need to render depending on your machine). If that is the effect you want then simply stack your other clips that you want to follow above the starting clip in a staircase pattern. Now copy your first clip and then "Replace, Parts, Mixer" in the other clips (this will copy your size and movement to the other clips in your effect with identical keyframes.

Now all you have to do is line up each clip in the staircase so that they follow each other on screen - Again becasue it's using 3D PIP you may need to render.

Sounds more complicated than it is and will only take a few mins to put together.

Hope this is what you are after ??!!!

All the best

Mark
        Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

Hi Mark,
          Thanks for your time and effort in this. Using your suggestion I can now get the result I am looking for. Very much appreciated.
          Mike Trewhella

Comment

That sounds like a pretty neat effect, but how do ya get the film strip edge effect, I.E. the black edge with sprocket squares above and below the image?
            Ken,

Edius 5.12 2XOpteron 280s, K8WE, NX, SATA 1Tera, Radeon Extreme X850, 24" Dell LCD and some other 17" LCD, Pioneer BD-RW BDR-205(1.02),
            Sony Cams; FX1, FX1000, FXR-7.
            Owner - D&J Video Productions

Comment

That is as easy as going to photoshop make you film frame with alpha in the middle and putting on top. Very very easy...
              Steve
              EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
              A proud EDIUS EDITOR
              For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Biscuit View Post
                OK - Now copy your first clip and then "Replace, Parts, Mixer" in the other clips (this will copy your size and movement to the other clips in your effect with identical keyframes.

Mark
                How do you do this?

Comment

I think Hollywood Fx had this effect
                  System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                  Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                  Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Working...
                  X