Working with source monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with source monitor

Hi guys. Every time I put a clip on the timeline using shortcut ([) or (]) the
    active window switch to program which is really annoying cause I cant just
    go through source footage, select in out, put on timeline and continue. Is there a way around it? I want the active window to stay on source after putting clip on timeline. Same with capture, btw.
    Thanks.
    www.newshound.biz

Just set another in or out point on the source and it switches back to that.

Comment

Yes, but I can't use the shortcuts i and o because if i do it puts in and out on the time line same goes to space as in play. I want to select in out on the source throw it to the timeline, hit space select another in out on the source and throw it to the timeline without the need to click on the source monitor in between. What happens now is that after each clip selection on the source
      after I put it on the timeline the software highlights the timeline so the next selection starts in program window and not in the source - this is very annoying
      and not pro. Maybe there is a way to set it up somehow as I really like the program (I am new to it).
      www.newshound.biz

Comment

Pres the tab key.
        It is as easy as that.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Thank you so much. This does work. Are there any valuable resources for
          edius training? Here in Israel there is nothing. I really like this program.
          Just one more question:
          Is there a way to setup the timeline so I will see the audio channels 1 and 2
          on separate tracks when placing a clip?

Thank you.
          www.newshound.biz

Comment

Map ch 1 to 1a and channel 2 to 2a.
            Look in the manual under audio mapping.

There is some training here :
            http://ediustraining.thomsongrassvalley.com/

It is all for 4.xx but most principles apply to 5.xx
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

EDIUS51_User_Reference_Guide_ENG.pdf ==> summary 790 pages
              (5.1 manual fom the downloadsite)

keyword "channel mapping"

Page 60
              Page 323

__________________________________________________ ____
              you wish a page-number or a picture?? == ==> call CentralEurope
              CentralEurope aka Hans
              voluntary / unpaid moderator from the german GV-forum ... Edius 4.61 up to Edius 9.xx
              i9-7980XE 18cores/36threads - M.2 960PRO 512GB - M.2 970PRO 1TB - div. 2 or4TB disks - 32GB DDR4-3600 - GTX 1080 8GB - Win_10prof
              [the AMD 1950X 16cores / 32 threads = go return because of massive problems, Not only I had these problems]

Comment

Thanks guys, its a great pleasure to have such a responsive community.
                www.newshound.biz

Comment

Working...
                X