Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius Settings (File open/import window)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Settings (File open/import window)

Hi,

This is probably the silliest question ever. I haven't been able to figure out how to change either the background color or the text color of the (open file) window when the files are in detail view. Despite the background color of other columns in detail view, the filename's one is white with a very light gray text.

See the attachment.

scnshot.png

I am sure it is an easy thing, but I just got tired of trying.
    I don't think it is OS issue, since all other apps are working just fine.

Edius 5.11

Thanks for your help.
    EP45-DS4P, Intel Q9550, 4GB DDR2, ATI 4580 1GB

Use an officially supported operating system (windows 7 is not) and it will solve that problem in one go.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Select "list view" from the folder view at page top and you will be able to read the fonts.
      Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
      Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

This is a Windows 7 problem. The solution at the moment is to select a different view.

Comment

they better support on windows 7.......its either old as heck OS or OS thats superproblematic......either way im screwed

Comment

Originally posted by junk_man32 View Post
            they better support on windows 7.......its either old as heck OS or OS thats superproblematic......either way im screwed
            Why is it problematic? It is clearly stated that Windows 7 is not supported.
            Yes, it works for some, but there are issues. It was your choice to 'try' to make Windows 7 work for you. If it does, fine, If it doesn't you have no room to complain.
            As Steve replied:
            Use an officially supported operating system (windows 7 is not) and it will solve that problem in one go.
            Jerry
            Six Gill DV
            www.sgdvtutorials.com
            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
              Why is it problematic? It is clearly stated that Windows 7 is not supported.
              Yes, it works for some, but there are issues. It was your choice to 'try' to make Windows 7 work for you. If it does, fine, If it doesn't you have no room to complain.
              As Steve replied:
              NO...im not talking about windows 7 being problematic..it Vista im talking about...since they have no support for the better OS (windows 7) i said either i go back to 32bit OS thats getting old (XP) or a problematic OS (VISTA)...so im screwed cuz theres no support for the better which is 7. Why use an older one or vista??? Windows 7 is way better....every PC is coming with Windows 7 i dont want to have to go back to vista or xp since 7 is better. So what....make sure Edius users never get support for 7...??? Its like saying "Intel came out with a new 6 cored i9 chip but it only works with 775 motherboards. (i know this could not happen..but work with me here..its a comparison!) sorry with the people who wasted their money on i7 motherboards..woops! Youll have to go back to 775!" How absurd......seriously every NLE windows application is now supporting 7 and Edius falls behind??.i dont want to work on ancient OS's in the future if there is no support for a new OS on a program. Completely absurd!

Comment

You can rest assured that Edius will have Windows 7 support at some point in the near future. The white on white is not just an Edius problem. I have seen it in other programs with Windows 7. Simply switch to another view.
                1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Windows 7 Support

Ah yes, here we go again! State of the Art, Leading Edge, biggest and best! You deserve the problems you are now experiencing. It doesn't take Win 7 to produce good video. It takes some dedication aa well as shooting and editing capabilities to produce quality video. What is your market?

Comment

I'm unclear on the "problems" with Vista, it worked fine for me.
                    E5 runs in it without a hitch!
                    Rusty Rogers | Films
                    >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                    >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                    Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

I'm still running XP 32bit with 775 chips. See my signature
                      I don't see my projects suffering from not having the latest
                      and greatest.
                      I will take all 3 of my machines to Win 7 Ultimate 64 and
                      new processors
                      when the next version of Edius is released.
                      All work well and still make money.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks everyone. No reason to argue. This is not a show stopper. I had other problems with vista, hence installed 7.

I am actually not a windows person. Edius is the main reason I use it.
                        EP45-DS4P, Intel Q9550, 4GB DDR2, ATI 4580 1GB

Comment

Working...
                        X