Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my 2 cents for what it is worth. I bought the Smart Sound program and used their tracks for a many years. The price is certainly right @ $20 per song. They are a great value. But... Smart Sound is limited in terms of quality/selection and I hear the same songs all over the place in other peoples projects. On the other hand when I checked out MyMusicSource, I found it way to expensive for my type of licensing needs. They aren't even an option for most people. So I scratched my head and asked why Grass Valley would choose to offer MyMusicSource as an option. Anyone else find them too prohibitive in price to use?

I have moved on and the lack of Smart Sound or any other integration isn't a deal breaker for me. I have found better alternatives for my music. There are just to many other sources of really good and reasonably priced music pieces out there.
    Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
    Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

Everyone should step back and take a look using their heads from a business point of view. This "letter" from Smartsound sounds like a very business like way to try and blame the other company when they have decided that the cost/time factor in developing a plugin for Edius will not generate enough of a revenue stream to make it worthwhile.

Honestly MyMusic has nothing do do with SmartSound. They are different markets. So to use that as an excuse is pretty weak.

Comment

Well, from my perspective, I just want the integration.

I would be happy to purchase the Edius plugin separately from Smartsound. Then the bundle politics could be avoided.

But it does not seem like this is an option either.

It sounds like Smartsound had started developing a plugin, maybe some customer input could push it to a finish line?
        Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

But all that info should be over at the smart sound forum or customer service.
          Not here.....
          Steve
          EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
          A proud EDIUS EDITOR
          For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
            But all that info should be over at the smart sound forum or customer service.
            Not here.....
            Steve is exactly right. All of this energy needs to go to SmartSound. Start sending things to them and maybe they will see that there is enough interest and perspective customers to make developing a plugin worthwhile, whether it be a separate purchase or bundled.

Comment

I have been keeping Kevin Klingler updated on the progress of this topic. I have even mentioned he follow the example of Videostar who have developed the new titler for Edius. I let him know how everyone here is pretty excited about it and suggested a plugin from Smartsound could easily generate as much enthusiasm.
              Mike T
              Mike Trewhella
              Intel Core i7 processor 3770K 3.50GHz, ASUS Sabertooth Z7 Mother Board, NVidia Graphics card GTX 465, 16GB RAM, Antec 300 case, Windows 7 Ultimate (64), Edius 6.55, Vistitle 2.5

Comment

Working...
              X