Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look at the licensing ......It is hard to imagine. .....
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
      ... Maybe there could be a poll for this? Just a thought.
      Mike T
      You can easily create this poll in Product Feature Requests. Feel free to do so.
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
        I tried mymusic . I did not work correct even for the free stuff. I uninstalled it and have never looked back since. I have more free harddrive space now. :)
        hahaahhaha........
        you should try freeplaymusic.com, they rock because everything is FREE!!! and they have so much soundsets to choose from....personally i prefer this website.
        Last edited by junk_man32; 01-11-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
          You can easily create this poll in Product Feature Requests. Feel free to do so.
          ...but there are more important things....like the stuff your going to reveal at NAB 2010 :O

edit:....hopefully....:)

Comment

Originally posted by junk_man32 View Post
            hahaahhaha........
            you should try freeplaymusic.com, they rock because everything is FREE!!! and they have so much soundsets to choose from....personally i prefer this website.
            Even free play is not completely free if you check the licensing info.
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I think that GV reps can make a topic to see how many Edius users actually using this plugin. Maybe it is useless?
              What about Smartsound- I have a big library and I'd like to use it from within Edius- it will be more comfortable to do it this way. The sad thing that even Pinnacle Studio, the "grandmothers-oriented product" with a store price I believe, less then $200, has it build- in.
              Well, I really would like to see it integrated into Edius. But who cares about my opinion?
              Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

This is going no where . if the company wants to develop the/a plugin they can no one is telling them not to.
                They just need to put their money where there mouth is that's all. We don't need no polls no nothing. If they wish to make it they don't need all that.
                Did you see any polls for Vistilter, Vitascene, Newblue effects.......NO a Big NO. Well
                Last edited by SRsupport; 01-12-2010, 10:18 AM.
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Lets put this to rest and make sure they use money on more important things....um maybe like windows 7 support (i dont wanto stay 2 versions behind...its going to become a prehistoric OS, and i dont wanto stay on a slow os either.....either way im screwed)..and myabe 10-bit support..and some full alpha hint hint.........id rather have these than smartsound...trust me...

Comment

Steve's point is Smartsound should develop the plugin not
                    GV.
                    Jerry
                    Six Gill DV
                    www.sgdvtutorials.com
                    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Correct that is it in a nutshell. :)
                      Steve
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

MyMusic was probably one of the worst recent moves by GV and hearing this is not particularly reassuring.

I'm surprised this thread has stayed alive this long. Thanks for letting us vent GV!
                        Rusty Rogers | Films
                        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
                        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
                        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Originally posted by MT02MHT View Post
                          unfortunately they decided to "plug-in" a music web site and re-brand it "My Music for Edius". This was a very disappointing thing for me to see after the work we had done to license a demonstration version of SFP for inclusion in their box. The fact that it was branded Edius and was actually plugged into the Edius interface created significant headwinds for us in terms of aftermarket music sales, which suddenly made the cost of engineering a plug-in unmanageable for us.
                          The way I read this is that Smartsound was in the process of creating and paying for a plugin for Edius and GV went with "My music for Edius" which in turn made the plugin a poor business decision for smartsound going forward.
                          Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                            The way I read this is that Smartsound was in the process of creating and paying for a plugin for Edius and GV went with "My music for Edius" which in turn made the plugin a poor business decision for smartsound going forward.
                            would of been a good business decision if they stuck with smartsound.....

Comment

I am glad you have all had a chance to vent. :)

This is obviously a very sensitive issue. I have some feelings about deleting the thread as there has been a bit of bashing here. However, rather than taking that approach immediately, I'd like to set the record straight about a couple of things.

I will not bash either SmartSound or MyMusicSource on this thread. The truth is that I have had positive conversations with Kevin Klingler of SmartSound and Michael Redman of MyMusicSource about their respective products/services and we were eager to work with either or both of them when we were choosing what music apps we wanted to bundle with EDIUS 5.

SmartSound discussed with us the possibility of bundling a full version of SonicFire Pro with EDIUS 5. At the end, they decided not to do so and instead decided to bundle at trial version of EDIUS 5.1 which we are happy to offer on the bonus software disc that comes with EDIUS 5.1

MyMusicSource expressed an interest in providing a link to their licensible music library from EDIUS and to provide an environment that made it easy and comfortable for EDIUS users to sample their library and pay/license for only the music they decide to use in a finished product according to their licensing schema.

The person who said these are two different things is exactly right. SonicFirePro is a program that allows users to buy packages of pre-produced music which users can fit to any time requirement, change the mix and more.

MyMusicSource offers the chance to sample and license music created by independent artists worldwide - and in some cases you can even post your idea and have "audition samples" sent to you by bands in order to find the music you want. The licensing schema is based on the type of use.

They are different applications for different users. We decided to offer the MyMusicSource link and the trial version of SonicFire Pro on the EDIUS 5.1 disk to give our users the choice to use either one. We're not telling you which ones you should or should not use.

The truth is that MyMusicSource wanted to develop and environment to link their site to EDIUS and provided the bulk of the development to make that happen. The link and plugin provided on our EDIUS 5.1 bonus disk is there for users to try it out.

SmartSound is certainly welcome to develop an interface to EDIUS if and when they decide it is in their best interest to do so. We remain open to this if they so desire. To date, they have decided not to do so. They were willing to offer a trial version of SonicFire Pro on our bonus disk. So, SonicFire Pro remains a separate package that many of our users buy and use - even though it is not specifically integrated with EDIUS. Our support is shown by the trial version of SonicFire Pro on our EDIUS 5.1 bonus disk. It is there for our users to try out.

So, the truth is our users can try either or both of these apps out and use either or both as they like. If customers want to license music from MyMusicSource, great. If people want to buy the full version of SonicFire Pro and music collections from SmartSource, also great.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MN View Post
                                SmartSound is certainly welcome to develop an interface to EDIUS if and when they decide it is in their best interest to do so. We remain open to this if they so desire. To date, they have decided not to do so.

So, the truth is our users can try either or both of these apps out and use either or both as they like. If customers want to license music from MyMusicSource, great. If people want to buy the full version of SonicFire Pro and music collections from SmartSource, also great.
                                I too wrote to SS in reply to their request for product features, and got the same answer as has been published in this thread. But be aware that there is conflicting information. Firstly, SS are quoted elsewhere as being interested, but could not get GV's support. Secondly, SS are indicating they are not interested because GV took a different direction with "My Music", and thirdly GV are saying that they will support SS but SS have decided not to do so (see first paragraph above).

The real losers here are the end-users who have invested heavily in both products with the hopeful expectation that there might eventually be some practical integration. It is obvious that there are politics on both sides keeping that from materializing.

The second paragraph above misses the point completely. What this thread is about is not what product to choose. It is about users' ongoing requests to have a SmartSound plugin integrated into Edius.

If more users prefer SmartSound, and GV are supportive for them to develop a plugin, then surely SmartSound should just go ahead and adopt that option. It could only further benefit SmartSound - and the Edius Users
                                Last edited by TrackRanger; 01-12-2010, 01:05 PM.
                                Intel Quad Core Extreme 3GHz/12M, 4Gb RAM, 2Tb Hot-swap (ARAID), NVIDIA GeoForce 8800 GTS, Edius Broadcast 4.61 / Edius 5.5, Procoder 3, DVDit Pro HD, Sonicfire Pro 5, Mercalli, Vitascene, Adorage. TwinPact 100, Pegasus, TMPro. VirtualDub

Comment

Working...
                                X