Print to tape option in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print to tape option in HD

Was looking to see if anyone is able to export there HD footage from there timeline using "output to tape". I can seem to only do this with SD footage, not HD. My Edius is all HD Compatable with PCIe NX Express and front breakout.My camera is a Sony HDR FX1 and useing firewire to output to camera useing NHX-E2 HD60hz for my device and the HD CAM/HDV 1080/59.94i as the output format. An error window pops up and says "an error has occured during tape out" My camera settings should be ok but some input (or in this case output, no pun intended!) would be wonderfull.

Which version of EDIUS? 3 or 4?

Comment

I think yo have to create a m2t stream first and use mpeg ts writer to export to your camera.
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
        Which version of EDIUS? 3 or 4?
        Edius version 4 ,thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dive zero video magazine View Post
          Edius version 4 ,thanks
          Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
          I think yo have to create a m2t stream first and use mpeg ts writer to export to your camera.
          does the m2t stream not compress the original footage though, i am trying to avoid that.

Comment

does the m2t stream not compress the original footage though, i am trying to avoid that.
            You have to use speed encoder to make a m2t stream first, because that is the HD format that your camera can recognized.
            I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

a prior thread with the same issue:

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...read.php?t=587
              Harris
              edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

Comment

Well if you don't want to that you will not be able to export HDV to your camera. Not from any editing program.
                The choice is yours :)
                Last edited by SRsupport; 07-05-2007, 11:44 PM.
                Steve
                EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
                  a prior thread with the same issue:

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...read.php?t=587
                  Thanks muchly! ill get it worked out from what i read in that thread.

Comment

That was my question and I think it was answered. So for all editors, you have to make a m2t file and then use some sort of TS Writer to output to tape? If so, I sure miss SD when it comes to grabbing clips from my stock footage for clients! They give me the timecodes and I pull up the project in Edius and output from the timeline to tape - it was so easy and fast.
                    Jim Edds www.ExtremeStorms.com

Edius 5.51, I7 980x Hex Core, 3.33 GHz, 12GB DDR3, HD Spark, 250GB SSD, Win7 64 bit, 4x2TB RAID 5 eSATA array (200-225mb/sec), 4 hot swappable internal SATAII misc.. drives; Cams: Panasonic AG-DVX200, Go Pro; Edius 5.51/HP 8710W & 17 in mid 2010 MBP/Adobe CC suite.

Comment

Working...
                    X