Timeline to text log?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline to text log?

Is anyone familiar with a handy method for exporting timeline information - clipnames, durations, TC etc - to some form of text data, which could be imported to Excel, Word or something like that. I need to provide source information for all the pieces I cut, and doing it manually is a tedious exercise, not to mention unbearably time-consuming. Some of my colleagues working on GV Auroras can simply export an XML, which can be selectively imported to an Excel template displaying all relevant data neatly. This can then be sent forward for archivists. Any such trick for Edius?
    Desktop: Edius 8.50 WG/Win 7 Pro/HP Z620/Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 4000/Storm 3G

Laptop: 8.50 WG/Win 10 Home/ASUS ROG G751/Intel i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

WHat you can do is the folowing.

Make sure all the info you need in exel is displayed in the bin.
    Example if you need in, out, reelname, clip type, aspect ratio and duration,
    If the are add them.

Now create a new folder in the bin and call it timeline.
    Select all clips from the time line drag them to the folder timeline.

When you have done that :
    Select the folder, right click and choose export html.

Open that html in excel and check if this would work for you.

But if you want you can use that HTM too.
    you.
    This is just a suggestion which might help
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Thanks for this. I tried exporting HTML and whereas everything else worked fine, the one relevant bit of info missing is where a given clip occurs on the timeline. The in-and-out info displayed in the bin refers to the ins and outs of the source clip, rather than the in and out on the timeline. The latter does not appear to be one of the options of displayed info in the bin. That would of course be specified in the EDL export but I don't think there is an EDL format available in Edius which could be read outside another edit system.
      Desktop: Edius 8.50 WG/Win 7 Pro/HP Z620/Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.60GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA Quadro 4000/Storm 3G

Laptop: 8.50 WG/Win 10 Home/ASUS ROG G751/Intel i7-4710HQ @ 2.50GHz/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

Comment

EDL is universal (sort of) so its read outside EDIUS.
        EDIUS exports cmx 3600,cmc340, bve5000,bve9000 and AAF
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SRsupport; 12-07-2009, 01:39 AM.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Outside Edius yes, but not necessarily outside other edit systems, as in being able to pull the desired timeline information out in text form that can be imported to a spreadsheet, word document etc. I haven't tried out all EDL formats yet, so I'll experiment some more, but haven't had any success with it so far. Obviously EDLs aren't designed to facilitate what I'm trying to do with them, it just so happens that some XML exports from other systems can be used for sourcing logs.

Comment

Working...
          X