Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There An Issue With Edius NX Board With Vista 64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There An Issue With Edius NX Board With Vista 64?

Are there any known issues with running an Edius NX board in a Vista 64 bit system that would preclude one from being installed?
    1st System: Asus P6T WS Pro - i7-975 3.33 GHz - 12 GB DDR3/1800 - GeForce GTX260 - 2 TB Raid
    Edius 5.12 - Procoder 3 - Imaginate
    2nd System: Edius NX - Tyan i7525 (S2676) MB - Dual Xeon 3.6 GHz - 6GB DDR2 - e-GeForce 8800GT - 1 TB Raid

As long as you have a 64bit compatible mother board, CPU etc...and the correct slots for the hardware...then no reason at all not to run on 64bit Vista with NX.

Dave.
    Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
    www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

See my signature. It is exactly the config you are asking for. I run it without any problems at all. My NX is not the Express kind - but the PCI-X kind - better than the more commonly available Express slot version.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

No problems with my set up.
        E9 PRO ,Intensity Shuttle capture Nvidia 650 TI LG 3D Monitor HDMI Win 10 PRO 64 Bit.Vistitle 2.6, Robuskey. ASUS Z370 I7 8700 16 GB Hyper X black RAM 250GB 960 EVO. 2 ITB Disks

Comment

Excellent. I truly appreciate the feedback. I will go ahead and give it an install. Thanks!
          1st System: Asus P6T WS Pro - i7-975 3.33 GHz - 12 GB DDR3/1800 - GeForce GTX260 - 2 TB Raid
          2nd System: Edius NX - Tyan i7525 (S2676) MB - Dual Xeon 3.6 GHz - 6GB DDR2 - e-GeForce 8800GT - 1 TB Raid

Comment

If your motherboard is a server class, get the PCI-X version. It is MUCH better than the Express slot version. I have feedback from people here - the Express slot grip is too short - and it flaps in the wind created by a strong fan. The PCI-X slot is very long - and it definitely won't flap. However, you might have trouble looking for the PCI-X version as it is relatively old - and Canopus has stopped producing that version.
            TingSern
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Indeed the PCIe NX that I have is mechanically not too great compared to the PCIx version, I works just fine on 64 bit.

Comment

The version I have is the PCI-X (not Express). I wanted to use it in my newer system but the company who put it together wouldn't install it as they said there were too many driver conflicts with the NX and Vista 64. My secondary system which had the NX installed is also Vista 64 and I never had any trouble with it. However... since this newer system is running so flawlessly (except for the burn disk quandary) I didn't want to install anything that could possibly cause any conflicts. I checked the forum but didn't find any mention of trouble (which is why I asked). I think I'll go ahead and give it a try. Again... thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Line up your computer company in front of a firing squad :-). They know nuts - that's for sure.
                  TingSern

Comment

Actually... they are a well known and reputable company (and I think a member of the forum) who have always done great work. I completely trust them which is why I went along with it. Obviously they have experienced something different... but since I have had it working for quite some time already on a 64 bit version of Vista... I'll give it a try in the newer one (and oh do I love this newer system!) No foul... just thanks...

Comment

Great news then. Let us know if you have any issues with the PCI-X NX card then. I have NONE - it was just a great piece of hardware from Canopus.
                      TingSern

Comment

Working...
                      X