Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    1. I believe this was resolved in 4.24. Have you tried it?

2. The Convert->File function now applies to multiple clips in a bin, but the properties window cannot "group". So I am thinking "no" to that one.

3. This is restored in v4.24, but is unmapped by default.

Leave a comment:

• perkinst1
    replied
    Hi - all HD FS-4 Pro Firestore owners out here have been promised a fix for the m2t HD files that do not currently play correctly in the timeline in Edius. Can anyone confirm if the GV developers have now had a look at the problem? UK support say that 4.5 will fix it - is this true? Thanks.

another question - does 4.5 now allow multiple clip selection and convertion of their format from 4:3 to 16:9 ratio? The workaround of having to create a sequence and then re-cut all the clips after a convertion is pretty tedious. The reason for asking is that a shoot of several hundred 16:9 Firestore Canopus AVI DV files imports as 4:3 clips into Edius - is this still the same in 4.5 or will it now recognise the ratio correctly?

lastly - have we got the "select from here to end" (one track/all tracks) function back yet - it's sorely missed from the workflow!

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    I think it will still not be optimized for quad cores.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Barnard
    replied
    Will Edius 4.5 have enough parallel threads to benefit from the Core2Quad processor, or would the additional cores just sit idle?

thanks,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    Couldn't find the request thread for new features or fixes.
    You'll find the forum for this here: http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...splay.php?f=23

Please repost your request there and I'll pull it from here, since it's not a v4.5 question as such.

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    I have custom layouts already created for optimizing the workflow for different types of edits I am performing based on my needs in the edit. Still on a 1440x900 laptop when you open up the White balance information pallete it will cover a large portion of the screen. If I want to see my scopes and also my monitor window it often takes some moving of stuff to get all 3 pieces visible at once. The YUV is better but still a problem. Do those controls in YUV really need to be that big to work with? It seems there is lots of blank space on some of those information windows and it would be relatively easy to squish them down some. Simple Tabs or drop downs on the YUV and White balance would seem to be easy to do and save tons or real estate.

Leave a comment:

• gapmedia
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip View Post
    Make the white balance, YUV and CC information palletes take up less room. When you open a white balance filter on a single screen setup (like a laptop) you have to move stuff around if you want to see your scope and preview window. It takes up way too much room. Same with YUV. Why not make each of the White, Black, Gray adjustments in White balance a tab and have the information pallete only one column wide. You could make the keyframes on the bottom tab activated as well. It would be easy to access if you needed it and you would get lots of real estate back on single monitor systems.
    Phillip,
    I know this isn't as 'neat' as your proposed solution, but you can set up different layouts for different operations that can makeup moving things around and back again a bit quicker. But you probably know this already.

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    Couldn't find the request thread for new features or fixes. Thought I would mention something I would like to see in 4.5 or at some point soon.

Make the white balance, YUV and CC information palletes take up less room. When you open a white balance filter on a single screen setup (like a laptop) you have to move stuff around if you want to see your scope and preview window. It takes up way too much room. Same with YUV. Why not make each of the White, Black, Gray adjustments in White balance a tab and have the information pallete only one column wide. You could make the keyframes on the bottom tab activated as well. It would be easy to access if you needed it and you would get lots of real estate back on single monitor systems.

In addition to all the other issues others have brought up that is the one that bugs me the most.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Sometime late summer is when the target is.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    Now, it would be nice if they created a pulldown for them like in the rest of the windows :)

Mike
    or place them above the timeline buttons, there would be plenty of room because most users make the timeline wide enough to accommodate all menu items

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Edius 4.5

When is it supposed to ship?

Randy

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I just saw the latest 4.5 in operation today and I noticed two things

1. it still says add track to front or back instead of above/below

2. the menu items on top of preview window are totally unreadable when in single view, the words are stacked on top of one another

do you thinks these things are still on the to be fixed list?

On the number two that is when you have the window crammed so small that the lettering doesn't have the space it needs.

Now, it would be nice if they created a pulldown for them like in the rest of the windows :)

Mike

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Not sure, but I will ask them to take a look.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I just saw the latest 4.5 in operation today and I noticed two things

1. it still says add track to front or back instead of above/below

2. the menu items on top of preview window are totally unreadable when in single view, the words are stacked on top of one another

do you thinks these things are still on the to be fixed list?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Good point. Sounds like something to put into the requests!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X