X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already requested

Comment

• installing 4.0 and upgrading to 4.5?

I have 4.0 sitting on a shelf waiting ...now that 4.5 seems imminent with so many fixes, I'll probably wait until it's available to do my upgrade from 3.62.

Any suggestions as to how best to do this upgrade process? Will I be able to go with the 4.0 upgrade and then directly to 4.5 without any additional intermediate steps?

TIA
      Documentaries and Art Projects
      Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
      windows 10
      284 gb SSD boot drive
      2 TB work disc
      2TB storage disc
      EDIUS 9.52.6031
      Many external project hard drives

Comment

• Yes. 4.0 -> 4.5 is actually something I'd recommend. Nice and clean.

Comment

• thanks! now for 4.5 to appear...magic...
          Documentaries and Art Projects
          Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
          windows 10
          284 gb SSD boot drive
          2 TB work disc
          2TB storage disc
          EDIUS 9.52.6031
          Many external project hard drives

Comment

• Let me add that I think users will see a new direction with 4.5. There has been an attention to detail and a level of response to complaints that have been missing for many years.

It will be far from perfect and I am sure there will be some bugs, but we are finally moving in the right direction.

Comment

• Will Edius 4.5 support full resolution video monitoring via the second graphic card output (DVI, HDMI) when using a dual head card?

Comment

• No. There is a new system of video overlay though, which when using Dual View overlay mirroring, makes your video look very very nice.

Having an actual switch for fullscreen output is listed in the Feature Request forum.

Comment

• It would be nicer if they can swap videomixer strip with audio strip on the timeline (when so many things are changed in 4.5. )

It is sometimes confusing when there are empty holes between video and videomixer (expecially when audiowave is expanded).

Let videomixer is just under video - it belongs to it - and audio is under all. All may look like more clear.
                  If somebody can suggest it to Grass Walley PLEASE refer it!

Comment

• Sorry, that switch is not going to happen. I think there will be a discussion on the function of the keyer track (which I am assuming is what you mean be videomixer strip) for 5.0

Comment

• Indeed.

Please, before posting in this thread, consider that most of the major changes have already been announced, and that this is a free update. Asking about radical changes to the workflow are most likely going to get a "not in v4.5" answer.

You would be better to post in the Feature Request forum, if your question is more of a request.

Comment

• Hi, I have some more questions. GV came to NAB with Edius 4.5, right? Was it ready or not? What is the reason to delay the version that already worked at NAB?
                        What happened with in-between updates? Where is ver. 4.3, 4.4 e.t.c?
                        Why not to give the opportunity to those who want to help- provide half- baked version of update to test and collect the bugs information? Is it so bad to have thousands of non- payed testers? I think that what Microsoft and Adobe did with their batas...
                        Are you sure that those who develop aware of what users REALLY want? I bought ver.3, now ver.4, but do you really think that I will be loyal customer wihtout seeng in current version something that I wanted? Are you sure that I will pay again for, say ver 5.0 if I will not see improvements in numbers of build-in effects, transitions, ability to fully realtime work with Xplode for Edius (and of course, it should be improved to compensate the "lost" of Xplode Pro!)? It is responsability of your guys in Germany, right? Those, I mention here did not changes from what?- version 2? Same poor amount of transitions-effects, same problems with alpha and videocards... By the way, take a look at recommended videocards! When do you think this list was created?
                        So why you think, I will invest again and again? I am not ready to pay for small steps in every version. I want big steps for my money. Interface is nice, but this is not critical for editor. As multicam for most of us, having one camcorder. But something like Adobe link, when Edius will wotk with other composer software (AE, Combostion, fixed Boris Red, Blufftitler, ParticleIllusion...) will work nice! This will drastically change the use of Edius and this is what I call BIG STEP. New, improved engine, that use not only CPU, but GPU power (look at almost realtime Boris Blue!!!) will be BIG STEP!
                        I am sorry for the style of this post as well for some orphographic mistakes. I hope you will see that I care about Edius future also, not only about my money, I want to see Edius as number one editing solution!
                        And by the way WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE EDIUS MORE POPULAR??? In Canada Edius is completely unnown... Those who do have any video backgrownd knows Final Cut, Avid, and Adobe Premiere. Are you going to fix it?
                        Thank you
                        Mike
                        Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

• Uhh.

The build shown at NAB was pre-beta software. It has since been compiled and recompiled dozens of times, with further tweaks, adjustments, bug fixes and usual software development processes applied.

Work on v4.26 has been progressing and may still be released, provided it is signed off by QA.

4.5 has been (and continues to be) tested outside of the engineering HQ in Japan, with actual real life editors around the world. Some of whom, frequent these forums. They are all under NDAs.

Finally, the v4.5 update is free. Take it or leave it - the choice is yours. No one is forcing you to download and install it.

I'm not going to even touch the rest of your impassioned (but almost FUD-inspired, rhetorical) questions, as this thread, and this forum for the most part, is not the place for such a discussion.

Comment

• Swaping of AUDIO and VIDEOMIXER STRIP is not radical cange to workflow but only grafical and logical improvement.
                            May be nobody has thought about it in this way - but its has its common sense: Video belongs to video. Audio to audio.

Comment

• Mike from Canada, just my 0.02$: everyone who is serious about editing should only buy a product which fits his needs in every way. To buy something on promises is useless. Make a list of things YOU need NOW and then search for this specific piece of software which can handle these tasks NOW.

Comment

• When will there be an EDIUS 4.5 upgrate for download ?
                                Any news on that ?
                                JoiCam´s
                                Edit station1: i7 6700K 4 ghz, 32gb ram, Edius 9 Workgroup, Davinci Resolve studio 16, 8GB GPU & Intensity Pro 4K
                                2: 17" Laptop i7 w: Edius 9 Workgroup
                                3: HPxw8600 dual 3ghz Xeon, STORM 3G, , Edius 7, 32 GB ram.
                                4: Edius 7, Supermicro x7da8 dual 3ghz Xeon.
                                Audio: Protools & Nuendo, M-Audio and Presonus interfaces, control surfaces and preamps, dual 3ghz Xeon. 16gb Ram.
                                Studio monitoring: Mackie 1402-VLZ Pro mixer and Mackie HR824 Spk. Panasonic surround system.
                                And more

Comment

Working...
                                X