X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by LV_DVC View Post
    1) When placing buttons into the Timeline and Bin -- some buttons seem to go into the More Buttons automatically rather than into the bar. Have other's noticed this? Is this fixed in 4.5?
    I'm not sure I follow - are you saying that when you add more buttons, they end up being compressed into a separate drop-down? That's simply because there are too many buttons capable of being displayed in the Window size/display resolution being used. You should rearrange your buttons, remove unnecessary ones, reduce the size of the buttons or increase the size of the window/display resolution.

2) There are a number of buttons missing:

Play-In-to-Out for PLAYER
    Play-to-Out for PLAYER

Play-to-Out for RECORDER
    Play-in-to-out for RECORDER
    Play-to-Out is definitely in 4.5 (but unassigned by default). I'm not sure that it's a button though.

Skip to next Edit Event -- TIMELINE & RECORDER
    Skip to previous Edit Event -- TIMELINE & RECORDER
    v4.5 lets you have these buttons in the recorder window.

GO TO IN -- ALL
    GO TO OUT -- ALL
    Clear IN -- ALL
    Clear OUT -- ALL
    Clear IN&OUT -- ALL
    no CREATE FREEZE FRAME for PLAYER
    There are no separate buttons for clearing/going to In/Outs in the Player and Recorder window (save for Clear In+Out), you access those functions from the drop-down menu of the Set In/Set Out buttons. All exist as keyboard shortcuts.

Sorry, no freeze frame button for the player (there may be a capture freeze frame option under the Capture drop-down, but it's just easier to use the keyboard shortcut IMHO).

It would be great to have a large pool of buttons that could be placed anywhere. Does 4.5 improve button functions?
    It depends on what you think is an improvement - there's a little bit more flexibility in the Player/Recorder windows, but there's a new set of 'rules' to play with due to the new interface look.

There definitely is no means for you to just place a button anywhere you'd like. You must still play within the realms of the player, the recorder, the bin, the timeline and the effect palette.

Since the Player and Recorder are only a fraction of 1080 lines -- which means only about 1 out of four lines are displayed -- is there any way to have only ODD or EVEN lines displayed during playback?

This would eliminate combing when playing 1080i (or 480i).

I know you can select Fields for PAUSE, but why not for PLAY.
    Ah, I think the new Direct3D method of overlay reproduction avoids this issue nicely, since it rescales the interlaced data and properly recreates it no matter what size your preview window is. Plays Anton's "tai chi" clip superbly.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    in the current version, you will need to increase the size of the windows in order to see all

it is especially painful when using single mode

Leave a comment:

• LV_DVC
    replied
    BUTTONS and FIELD PLAYBACK

1) When placing buttons into the Timeline and Bin -- some buttons seem to go into the More Buttons automatically rather than into the bar. Have other's noticed this? Is this fixed in 4.5?

2) There are a number of buttons missing:

Play-In-to-Out for PLAYER
    Play-to-Out for PLAYER

Play-to-Out for RECORDER
    Play-in-to-out for RECORDER

Skip to next Edit Event -- TIMELINE & RECORDER
    Skip to previous Edit Event -- TIMELINE & RECORDER

GO TO IN -- ALL
    GO TO OUT -- ALL
    Clear IN -- ALL
    Clear OUT -- ALL
    Clear IN&OUT -- ALL
    no CREATE FREEZE FRAME for PLAYER

It would be great to have a large pool of buttons that could be placed anywhere. Does 4.5 improve button functions?

I'm sure there may be shortcut keys, but I'm not interested.

------------

Since the Player and Recorder are only a fraction of 1080 lines -- which means only about 1 out of four lines are displayed -- is there any way to have only ODD or EVEN lines displayed during playback?

This would eliminate combing when playing 1080i (or 480i).

I know you can select Fields for PAUSE, but why not for PLAY.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
    I've heard it will be 1.5 gig,
    I'm guessing we all will be getting a disc sent to us.
    The download will probably be more like the 400-500MB size, if the current builds we get are anything to go by.

I imagine that local GV offices will provide CD-Rs upon request, for the bandwidth-challenged.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by Romigo View Post
    Swaping of AUDIO and VIDEOMIXER STRIP is not radical cange to workflow but only grafical and logical improvement.
    May be nobody has thought about it in this way - but its has its common sense: Video belongs to video. Audio to audio.
    Whether logical or not, this won't be happening in v4.5. Feel free to put up a feature request post in the appropriate forum.

Originally posted by johannesj View Post
    When will there be an EDIUS 4.5 upgrate for download ?
    Any news on that ?
    As per many many posts, including the first one in this thread, v4.5 is expected to be available sometime Q3 2007 - we're thinking late July/August.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    July has alwasy been the timeframe mentioned. I haven't heard anything to change that, but I do not know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    When will there be an EDIUS 4.5 upgrade for download ?
    I've heard it will be 1.5 gig,
    I'm guessing we all will be getting a disc sent to us.

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    When will there be an EDIUS 4.5 upgrate for download ?
    Any news on that ?

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Mike from Canada, just my 0.02$: everyone who is serious about editing should only buy a product which fits his needs in every way. To buy something on promises is useless. Make a list of things YOU need NOW and then search for this specific piece of software which can handle these tasks NOW.

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    Swaping of AUDIO and VIDEOMIXER STRIP is not radical cange to workflow but only grafical and logical improvement.
    May be nobody has thought about it in this way - but its has its common sense: Video belongs to video. Audio to audio.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Uhh.

The build shown at NAB was pre-beta software. It has since been compiled and recompiled dozens of times, with further tweaks, adjustments, bug fixes and usual software development processes applied.

Work on v4.26 has been progressing and may still be released, provided it is signed off by QA.

4.5 has been (and continues to be) tested outside of the engineering HQ in Japan, with actual real life editors around the world. Some of whom, frequent these forums. They are all under NDAs.

Finally, the v4.5 update is free. Take it or leave it - the choice is yours. No one is forcing you to download and install it.

I'm not going to even touch the rest of your impassioned (but almost FUD-inspired, rhetorical) questions, as this thread, and this forum for the most part, is not the place for such a discussion.

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    Hi, I have some more questions. GV came to NAB with Edius 4.5, right? Was it ready or not? What is the reason to delay the version that already worked at NAB?
    What happened with in-between updates? Where is ver. 4.3, 4.4 e.t.c?
    Why not to give the opportunity to those who want to help- provide half- baked version of update to test and collect the bugs information? Is it so bad to have thousands of non- payed testers? I think that what Microsoft and Adobe did with their batas...
    Are you sure that those who develop aware of what users REALLY want? I bought ver.3, now ver.4, but do you really think that I will be loyal customer wihtout seeng in current version something that I wanted? Are you sure that I will pay again for, say ver 5.0 if I will not see improvements in numbers of build-in effects, transitions, ability to fully realtime work with Xplode for Edius (and of course, it should be improved to compensate the "lost" of Xplode Pro!)? It is responsability of your guys in Germany, right? Those, I mention here did not changes from what?- version 2? Same poor amount of transitions-effects, same problems with alpha and videocards... By the way, take a look at recommended videocards! When do you think this list was created?
    So why you think, I will invest again and again? I am not ready to pay for small steps in every version. I want big steps for my money. Interface is nice, but this is not critical for editor. As multicam for most of us, having one camcorder. But something like Adobe link, when Edius will wotk with other composer software (AE, Combostion, fixed Boris Red, Blufftitler, ParticleIllusion...) will work nice! This will drastically change the use of Edius and this is what I call BIG STEP. New, improved engine, that use not only CPU, but GPU power (look at almost realtime Boris Blue!!!) will be BIG STEP!
    I am sorry for the style of this post as well for some orphographic mistakes. I hope you will see that I care about Edius future also, not only about my money, I want to see Edius as number one editing solution!
    And by the way WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE EDIUS MORE POPULAR??? In Canada Edius is completely unnown... Those who do have any video backgrownd knows Final Cut, Avid, and Adobe Premiere. Are you going to fix it?
    Thank you
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Indeed.

Please, before posting in this thread, consider that most of the major changes have already been announced, and that this is a free update. Asking about radical changes to the workflow are most likely going to get a "not in v4.5" answer.

You would be better to post in the Feature Request forum, if your question is more of a request.

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    Sorry, that switch is not going to happen. I think there will be a discussion on the function of the keyer track (which I am assuming is what you mean be videomixer strip) for 5.0

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    It would be nicer if they can swap videomixer strip with audio strip on the timeline (when so many things are changed in 4.5. )

It is sometimes confusing when there are empty holes between video and videomixer (expecially when audiowave is expanded).

Let videomixer is just under video - it belongs to it - and audio is under all. All may look like more clear.
    If somebody can suggest it to Grass Walley PLEASE refer it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X