Post your EDIUS v4.5 questions here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deane Johnson View Post
    Is it possible that Imaginate is going to be incorporated into Edius 4.5, or possibly 5.0? It would be a tragedy if this excellent piece of software just ceased to exist. Let's hope Grass Valley finds a way for it in the future.
    Not for v4.x.

It may work its way into the next major release, but it's still speculative at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Deane Johnson View Post
      Is it possible that Imaginate is going to be incorporated into Edius 4.5, or possibly 5.0? It would be a tragedy if this excellent piece of software just ceased to exist. Let's hope Grass Valley finds a way for it in the future.

I would love to see this also and have suggested it from an employee perspective (and I think I am not the only one) but like KH said... it is pure speculation and guessing at this point.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
        I believe AAF support is in both Pro and Broadcast, but I will confirm.

AAF has been tested with After Effects and Pro Tools, and that's it. It may support other applications though.

I just tried it and it is in Pro as well :)

Mike

Comment

AAF Support

Thanks for the good news re AAF import/export GV, as Pro Tools and After Effects are the two programs I am most interested in.
          System 1 - SP with Edius Broadcast 4.54 , 2x DUAL 2.66 Xeon CPU's, Tyan 2696, 2gig RAM, Sapphire 1950PRO 2

System 2 - RT2 MAX with Edius Pro 4.54, 2x Xeon 2.4ghz CPU's, 512meg RAM, Compaq

Comment

Please let me know is there any possibility for future work with Combustion.
            thanks
            mike
            Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
              Please let me know is there any possibility for future work with Combustion.
              thanks
              mike
              I have not seen anything specifically mentioned. What sort of workflow are you looking for?

Comment

I am looking for a software to be a composite "addon" to edius. Same like PremierePRO and AE. Boris and Combustion are good choices, the only problem with Boris is RGB format and not YUV.
                Combustion has nice performance, good potential and... particles. It would be nice to have some integration with future version(s) of Edius...
                mike
                Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Good point. Sounds like something to put into the requests!

Comment

I just saw the latest 4.5 in operation today and I noticed two things

1. it still says add track to front or back instead of above/below

2. the menu items on top of preview window are totally unreadable when in single view, the words are stacked on top of one another

do you thinks these things are still on the to be fixed list?
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Not sure, but I will ask them to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        I just saw the latest 4.5 in operation today and I noticed two things

1. it still says add track to front or back instead of above/below

2. the menu items on top of preview window are totally unreadable when in single view, the words are stacked on top of one another

do you thinks these things are still on the to be fixed list?

On the number two that is when you have the window crammed so small that the lettering doesn't have the space it needs.

Now, it would be nice if they created a pulldown for them like in the rest of the windows :)

Mike

Comment

Edius 4.5

When is it supposed to ship?

Randy
                          Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
                            Now, it would be nice if they created a pulldown for them like in the rest of the windows :)

Mike
                            or place them above the timeline buttons, there would be plenty of room because most users make the timeline wide enough to accommodate all menu items
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Sometime late summer is when the target is.

Mike

Comment

Couldn't find the request thread for new features or fixes. Thought I would mention something I would like to see in 4.5 or at some point soon.

Make the white balance, YUV and CC information palletes take up less room. When you open a white balance filter on a single screen setup (like a laptop) you have to move stuff around if you want to see your scope and preview window. It takes up way too much room. Same with YUV. Why not make each of the White, Black, Gray adjustments in White balance a tab and have the information pallete only one column wide. You could make the keyframes on the bottom tab activated as well. It would be easy to access if you needed it and you would get lots of real estate back on single monitor systems.

In addition to all the other issues others have brought up that is the one that bugs me the most.
                                Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Working...
                                X