Post your EDIUS v4.5 questions here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon,

No, but AAF Export is scheduled to be added. The last time I talked to Avid folks, they were ditching OMF in favor of AAF.
    Export only, not import?

Was this developed in house? The reason I ask is that a little know fact is that the AAF modules for both Vegas and PPro were developed by the same 2nd party company and are consequently awfully tight without resorting to something like an Automatic Duck for translation. It would be very cool if you happened to use the same company, at least in terms of the direction I'm heading. But perhaps not, if GV is heading in another direction? So many things are unclear vis-a-vis direction.

Ron Shook

Comment

Sorry, don't know the details of it right now.

Comment

No Undo more important than third time interface mod

Thanks GrassValley_KH for your reply,

I find it a pity that changes in the BIN window can't be undone... I think it's more important to be part of the latest Edius than modifying the GUI for the 3rd time! By the way it looks awful... reminds me of Fast and pinnacle crap...

Well, let's see the release and then judge, nevertheless UNDO in the BIN window is a MUST-HAVE feature!

Thanks for your attention
        kind regards
        smarty

Comment

Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
          5. Working with ParticleIllusion, BluffTitler, Aftereffects etc.? (plugins such as Vitscene?)
          Hi,
          Vitascene is already working in 4.x
          http://www.prodad.de/gb/host_plugins-canopus-edius.html

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SK View Post
            Hi,
            Vitascene is already working in 4.x
            http://www.prodad.de/gb/host_plugins-canopus-edius.html
            yes, thank you, I tested it (with Vitacene) and I want it to work with other plugins too.
            One more question please. Are you guys dong the same "conspirancy silence" as Canopus did? Should we know something more as a customers? You already testing ver.5.0 of Edius, so the time of 4.5 will come out it will be already not up- to- date, and you are still keeping silence about lot's of things. This is not a good sign...
            let us know more about alpha, your deal with Blufftitler, Boris etc. We want to be a part of community, not the outsiders as you keep us now...
            Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

4.5 & Canon 30f

Will 4.5 have support of Canon's 30f frame rate mode?

(thanks for the return of the forums)

Comment

yes, thank you, I tested it (with Vitacene) and I want it to work with other plugins too.
                One more question please. Are you guys dong the same "conspirancy silence" as Canopus did? Should we know something more as a customers? You already testing ver.5.0 of Edius, so the time of 4.5 will come out it will be already not up- to- date, and you are still keeping silence about lot's of things. This is not a good sign...
                let us know more about alpha, your deal with Blufftitler, Boris etc. We want to be a part of community, not the outsiders as you keep us now...

First off there is only a certain amount of information that can't be shared to keep the rival companies guessing.

Second, we are working on better communication with customers. What that will be we do not know at this time BUT, we are working on improving it.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Shook View Post
                  Export only, not import?
                  Sorry, should've said - both import and export are supported. You'll find the option in the same places as the EDL import and export.

Comment

Originally posted by smartyarts View Post
                    Well, let's see the release and then judge, nevertheless UNDO in the BIN window is a MUST-HAVE feature!
                    If you haven't already, make sure it's posted to the Feature Request forum!

Comment

Originally posted by LightPrism View Post
                      Will 4.5 have support of Canon's 30f frame rate mode?
                      I will double-check this, but I believe that it does.

Comment

You already testing ver.5.0 of Edius, so the time of 4.5 will come out it will be already not up- to- date, and you are still keeping silence about lot's of things.
                        You must know something about EDIUS that I don't (and that's definitely subject of a conspiracy theory for me) because I know absolutely nothing about a ver 5.0 at this point.

Funny you mention silence... I think we're between Microsoft and Apple. Microsoft way longer-term beta test cycles. Apple says nothing at all until launch day.
                        We want to be a part of community, not the outsiders as you keep us now...
                        If we wanted to keep you outsiders, we wouldn't have a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
                          First off there is only a certain amount of information that can't be shared to keep the rival companies guessing.

Second, we are working on better communication with customers. What that will be we do not know at this time BUT, we are working on improving it.

Mike
                          I can see that being a fair comment. After all no company wants rivals to find out what is happening and get something out before the company who comes up with the idea. Even though we are all customers on here, nothing to stop someone else 'spying' and what we are doing. I would much sooner have limited information than loads of information and some of the promised features never appearing.
                          Software:
                          Edius 8.5 Workgroup
                          NewBlue FX
                          Hitfilm Ignite
                          Vitascene 2
                          Newblue TitleMotion Pro
                          Smartsound 5.8

Desktop:
                          MSI Z170A M5 Motherboard, i7 6700K 4Ghz, 32GB DDR4, NVIDIA 970 4Gb, 240GB Boot SDD, 500Gb Video SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Laptop:
                          MSI GS60, 4K UHD, Intel i7, 16Gb DDR3, Nvidia 970M 3Gb, Windows 10 64bit

Cameras:
                          Panasonic HC-VX870 4K
                          GoPro Hero4 Black
                          Panasonic GX8 (Stills & Video)
                          Garmin Virb 360

Comment

Exactly. Now with that said, I welcome more questions on this upcoming release!

Comment

The QT import bug is fixed! I just installed 4.24 and gave it a try. The imported QT files looked great. I imported a 19 GB QT file and it looked and played back perfect.....Thanks guys! This was the biggest showstopper for me. I work a lot with QT files. Boy did this one bring a smile back... Now I have to check the edl import to see if it is fixed.
                              Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
                              Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

How does the cursor behave when Alt N/Alt M is pressed ???
                                Jumps back to the cut as in 3.61 or stays "somewere in the field" as in 4.02 till now.

For me it is the worst BUG of Edius 4. PLEASE TRY TO EXPLAIN THEM TO FIX IT !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X