X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike0130
    replied
    Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
    Then I hope there will be a plain black bagground preset.

sebastian
    Wait a second! I saw sometrhing called "Edius junior", it's mostly in japanese, it is not a serios editor, mostly like a nice toy, but it comes with this DVD creator thing... And you can (I saw it too) attach it to Edius 4.24.
    And you can iprort background- I used a weddind footage- exported still image, then ised it as a backgound (I believe I had to change resolution to something like 640x480 pixels... But it was possible to import a background!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by InMyLens View Post
    With the P2 cameras, you can put a 'Marker' on a clip but Edius can not indentify the marker on the clip. Has this been resolved? It would cut down on editing time tremendously if it has been.
    Is this part of the Metadata? As far as I am aware, the handling of P2 has not changed in v4.5, safe for the readyness for the AVC-Intra plug-in module, due for release later in the year.

If you have suggestions, feel free to post them in the Feature Request forum.

Leave a comment:

• InMyLens
    Guest replied
    Edius/P2 improvements...

I talked to a 'tech' about this a few months ago and hopefully the request was sent through the channels, but here it is again.

With the P2 cameras, you can put a 'Marker' on a clip but Edius can not indentify the marker on the clip. Has this been resolved? It would cut down on editing time tremendously if it has been.

Also, on a unrelated note. If you have a reporter track in your bin, is there a way to turn off the video portion of the clip through the properties menu. Saying that, it would be great if in the preview window, that specific audio clip would show up in waveform to make it faster to pick what portion of the clip that you need.

I have more suggestions, but I'll send them up later.

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    Not at this time. You can import your own graphics for buttons, but not for backgrounds.
    Then I hope there will be a plain black bagground preset.

sebastian

Leave a comment:

• harveylexton
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Actually to be fair, it's a bit more refined than MPEGcraft DVD 3 was.

'DVD Creator' is called up from within EDIUS, when you're ready to export to DVD, but you can also save and recall previous DVD projects without loading up the source EDIUS project (in other words, if you've already created some MPEG-2 streams, you can work directly with them and skip encoding).

The DVD Creator program is not designed to be full-on, highly sophisticated DVD authoring software. It will give you menus and buttons from pre-built templates, along with some options to tweak thumbnails, graphics and text. The encoding options can be set to automatically calculate a bitrate to make it all fit, you can choose between PCM, Layer 2 or AC3 audio, and the software supports single and dual layer.

If you need motion menus, seamless branching, multiple audio tracks, angles, subtitles and eDVD content, you'll need a third party authoring application.

Note: It does not support HD-DVD/Blu-Ray authoring at this time.
    I use a sony laptop for editing as well as base stations, my laptop has blue ray and it would be nice if GV could support it. By the way E4.24 works very well on this with no hang ups.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    PSD import into the bin yes, but flattened to one layer.

Another one for 'Feature Requests'

EDIT: I misunderstood the question, but Brandon caught it - DVD Creator only accepts BMP, JPG, PNG and GIF at this time.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Originally posted by rando View Post
    Does it let you import .PSD files? With Layers?

Randy
    Not at this time. You can import your own graphics for buttons, but not for backgrounds.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    Edius 4.5/DVD software

Does it let you import .PSD files? With Layers?

Randy

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Actually to be fair, it's a bit more refined than MPEGcraft DVD 3 was.

'DVD Creator' is called up from within EDIUS, when you're ready to export to DVD, but you can also save and recall previous DVD projects without loading up the source EDIUS project (in other words, if you've already created some MPEG-2 streams, you can work directly with them and skip encoding).

The DVD Creator program is not designed to be full-on, highly sophisticated DVD authoring software. It will give you menus and buttons from pre-built templates, along with some options to tweak thumbnails, graphics and text. The encoding options can be set to automatically calculate a bitrate to make it all fit, you can choose between PCM, Layer 2 or AC3 audio, and the software supports single and dual layer.

If you need motion menus, seamless branching, multiple audio tracks, angles, subtitles and eDVD content, you'll need a third party authoring application.

Note: It does not support HD-DVD/Blu-Ray authoring at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
    Could you share a little more info about the new dvd export feature,
    how will the workflow be ?
    From what I've seen, it's MPEGcraft 3 incorporated into Edius to make quick simple DVDs.

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    Could you share a little more info about the new dvd export feature,
    how will the workflow be ?

PS. I don´t yet have edius, but have been working with the demo,
    and the demo really turns me on, the direct timeline dvd authering
    could be a serius time saver for me.

regards
    Sebastian Eskildsen

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Originally posted by vidbiz View Post
    Will DVRex still continue to work with the 4.5? I understand it's support is long discontinued, but heck, it still works for me!
    And the story remains the same - it's purely 'as-is.'

Leave a comment:

• vidbiz
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
    will 4.5 continue to provide a driver for the Storm card?
    Will DVRex still continue to work with the 4.5? I understand it's support is long discontinued, but heck, it still works for me!

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    No need to yell, I confirmed this behavior and I will get it to those that need to see it.

Mike
    Please take a look here. Probably there is no bug at all!
    http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...2&postcount=40

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    Thanks For Hope !!!
    Roman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X