No announcement yet.

Post your EDIUS v4.5 questions here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any changes to how you alter or transform the Layout of a clip? Pressing F7 to get to the Video Layout window is cumbersome and there are no key frames. I know there are other ways to achieve transformations but I was just wondering if any work had been done on this?

For instance the preview window in the main UI could be interactive.

Thanks!

Comment

• The Video Layout Tool remains unchanged in v4.5

Comment

• Originally posted by onedog View Post
        Are there any changes to how you alter or transform the Layout of a clip? Pressing F7 to get to the Video Layout window is cumbersome and there are no key frames. I know there are other ways to achieve transformations but I was just wondering if any work had been done on this?

For instance the preview window in the main UI could be interactive.

Thanks!

Please remember that this is not a major overhaul upgrade. It is a point upgrade.

There are many things that are fixed and a few new things but mostly this upgrade was to get EDIUS into the Grass Valley family of products :)

Now, with that said I believe that you will like this upgrade for what has been done to it :)

Mike

Comment

• with that said I believe that you will like this upgrade for what has been done to it :)
          Well, I cannot like what I didn't try... I have to try first. Will see:)
          this upgrade was to get EDIUS into the Grass Valley family of products :)
          See, this is what I am afraid of- Edius was a nice software-hardware, but since ver 4.13 it had a lot of bugs... This was the exact time GV took over the Canopus... Again, let me see ver 4.5 to see if I like Grass Valley family of products...
          And a question, please: Can you (hope you can!) tell us more about those AAF (was it correct neme?) standard for Edius "to speak" with another software, what will be supported, what software will be "the target" and more about the idea of it and how it shold work within Edius.
          Thank you
          mike
          Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

• I can't say much BUT the whole purpose of the output format is to talk to main stream apps that are out there. If I say anything else I will killed in a horrible way!! :)

Mike

Comment

• Will Edius 4.5 have any control for the audio input level on the NX card (PCI-X)?

Comment

• Not that I have seen, or has been documented.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
                  I can't say much BUT the whole purpose of the output format is to talk to main stream apps that are out there. If I say anything else I will killed in a horrible way!! :)
                  Mike
                  Can I ask why you'll be "killed in a horrible way!!" for talking about something GV announced in 'what's new in 4.5'?
                  System 1 - SP with Edius Broadcast 4.54 , 2x DUAL 2.66 Xeon CPU's, Tyan 2696, 2gig RAM, Sapphire 1950PRO 2

System 2 - RT2 MAX with Edius Pro 4.54, 2x Xeon 2.4ghz CPU's, 512meg RAM, Compaq

Comment

• It is not refined yet so to say anything now would not be a prudent thing to do for the users or us.

Whan a feature is finished it is easy to talk about, when it is in flux it is not :)

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
                      It is not refined yet so to say anything now would not be a prudent thing to do for the users or us.

Whan a feature is finished it is easy to talk about, when it is in flux it is not :)

Mike
                      Fair reponse Mike.
                      System 1 - SP with Edius Broadcast 4.54 , 2x DUAL 2.66 Xeon CPU's, Tyan 2696, 2gig RAM, Sapphire 1950PRO 2

System 2 - RT2 MAX with Edius Pro 4.54, 2x Xeon 2.4ghz CPU's, 512meg RAM, Compaq

Comment

• 1. Is version 4.5 going to run properly in Vista?

2. What is the minimum spec for a desktop to be able to capture HDV to Canopus HQ? Currently, with Edius 4.24 and Pentium IV, 2.8GHz Hyper Thread and 1 GB ram, I can't capture HDV to CanopusHQ in XP, not to mention in Vista.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by zard View Post
                          2. What is the minimum spec for a desktop to be able to capture HDV to Canopus HQ? Currently, with Edius 4.24 and Pentium IV, 2.8GHz Hyper Thread and 1 GB ram, I can't capture HDV to CanopusHQ in XP, not to mention in Vista.
                          I have a 3.2 P4 HT 1 GB ram, and I can't either

the standard answer around here is that you need at least a dual-core cpu to capture to HQ on the fly, and

here are minimum system requirements from Edius4 website:

· Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0GHz CPU or faster (Intel Xeon® 2.8GHz dual processors recommended for HD/HDV editing, Hyper-Threading supported)
                          · 512MB RAM (1GB RAM recommended)

http://canopus.com/products/EDIUSPro/index.php
                          Harris
                          edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

Comment

• [QUOTE=zard;6618]1. Is version 4.5 going to run properly in Vista?[QUOTE]

No, not officially. Certain components within EDIUS simply are not designed to work under Vista (namely ProCoder Express and Xplode for EDIUS).

Comment

• This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but is there any sign that the VST bridge has been fixed or improved in 4.5?

Paul
                              Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

• Certain components within EDIUS simply are not designed to work under Vista
                                and TitleMotionPro ?????
                                will GV additional to Vista support change TMPro to a more "of the times" Titler ??
                                BorisFX or other ??? Who have "localice functon" , for the from Edius himself supportet languages ???

TitleMotionPro and his "sadly" way
                                from Inscriber to Leitch Technology ..... Leitch Technology Completes Acquisition of Inscriber
                                from Leitch to Harris Harris Corporation .....Harris Corporation Completes Acquisition of Leitch Technology

and by Harris Corporation to a "Historical Products" >> ...look on bottom from this site.........

that looks [for me] not very "Vista-Ready".....Friendly greetings from ViennaLowLevelService ........... old Hans
                                Last edited by vienna1944er; 06-29-2007, 11:20 PM.
                                Edius 5,51 / Edius 6.08 / Edius 6.54(b) / Neo 3.0 / Neo 3.5

Comment

Working...
                                X