Problems with new machine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new machine

Hi Everyone,
    Having a few problems with the new machine and I think it could do with having 16cores, 2 x Xeon w5590, Anyway I will list the problems below if anyone can help or has any advice that would be great.
    Problem 1: when burning to disk in Edius (Blu-Ray or DVD) get an error that says failed to encode. What makes me think that it has to do with the 16cores is that TMPGenc 4.0 express installs and starts up and just after it verifys the lic it freezes the whole system up. also another program that encodes called Badaboom goes to install and does a system check and freezes before the install completes.
    Has anyone got anyidea on the burn to disk failed to encode error? If I chooses print to file and export as Canopus Standard AVI it works fine.
    I need to use the burn to disk feature though, any help would be great.

Steve
    Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Are you sure ?
    Our local TV station also is using 2 HD Thunder systems comprising of Dual i7 Quads with HT (counting 16 cores) 12 GB ram only, running on Supermicro X8 boards, so far no issues that I am aware of.

A second user here in town would be a event company running the same Dual Quad setup with the X8, but the fastest i7's available, if they have issues my phone would surely ring as I service these systems as local support.

Maybe it could be software incompatibility (TMPGenc 4.0 express) with too many threads ?
    You could try to assign less threads before you start the export, just to test.

They only use Edius 5.x exporter, no third party apps regarding exports.

Aaaah the new thrills of a new system, this is pretty normal, the Beast needs to be tamed first !!
    Did you change the Ram positions already (or use only half) ? should take you a while with so much :)
    Last edited by SoundFreak; 11-25-2009, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I have done a few tests and shut down 8 cores and still no difference, I dont think it is the 16 core issue, it might be a vista problem. With TMPG I am still not sure, it could well be the hyperthreading, I am waiting to hear back from them, Also now have a problem with Edius not printing to DVD or Blu Ray, keep getting an error saying failed to encode, have tried latest quicktime ect but still no good, if it keeps going like this I will do a windows 7 upgrade and try that out on it. B###dy new machines AH AH AH...............

Steve
      Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

All three systems are running Vista Ultimate 64 Bit !

Comment

Originally posted by swsw1550
          B###dy new machines AH AH AH..............
          Better enjoy this positive stress, soon it will all be over and the system will be humming and purring, with you looking for things to upgrade again :)

I do enjoy the silence of these new systems, would like to put a fire under my noisy Intel box :)

Comment

Hi Steve....just a thought but where is the destination folder set in the burn to disc plug-in....if it is C:\windows\temp then this could be the problem.

Dave.
            Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
            www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Originally posted by SoundFreak
              I do enjoy the silence of these new systems, would like to put a fire under my noisy Intel box :)
              hmmm, I spoke to him on the phone earlier and all I could hear was the fans of the dual reduntant power supplies :) (very noisy machine)
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

It has got alot quiter Anton, I just did a Windows 7 upgrade (64bit) and still the same burn to disk problem, and the working folder for it is on another drive. Come on Anton you should know how to solve this problem mate.

Steve

Comment

you did not import any custom templates or background images by any chance?

it won't be an easy one to solve :(
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

No Anton I didn't, I got TMPGEnc working on windows 7 and also Badaboom,
                    The only thing I am still having problems with is the burn to disk in Edius, I am currently uninstalling it all and will reinstall it and see what happens.

Steve

Comment

Well just uninstalled Edius and reinstalled it, and guess what, No change still can not burn to disk, still getting the failed to encode error, please some one must know a fix for this, it's driving me mad......

Steve

Comment

Turnkey's should not have this problem, they should have checked it all out for you (jab)

Seriously, I recall a similar problem years ago, it was related to the RAID driver.

Disable the RAID array, install a secondary drive, use that to write temp folders, test. (and don't call me ) lol :)
                        AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Mark this machine didn't come with Edius, it just had Vista 64bit on it. Just reinstalled Edius and still will not encode to DVD or Blu ray (print to disk)

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm
                            Turnkey's should not have this problem, they should have checked it all out for you (jab)

Seriously, I recall a similar problem years ago, it was related to the RAID driver.

Disable the RAID array, install a secondary drive, use that to write temp folders, test. (and don't call me ) lol :)
                            Also Mark it has 8 Raptor 300gb drives, paired into 4, 3 pairs striped, 1 pair in mirrored for system, have tried what you mentioned and no luck.
                            Going to have a coffee and smoke now....

Steve

Comment

You can install EDIUS without selling the dongle if the customer has it already :)

Sorry it wasn't that.
                              AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎