X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonably priced Mic for Voice over

I would like top do some voice over in Edius
    Any recommendations for mic which would not pick up Computer Fan Noise
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

I think it is better to get one of the http://www.harlanhogan.com/portaboothArticle.shtml

Voice overs are often done in a booth. The porta booth is a cheaper solution if you don't have the space or funds for a full size booth.
    Last edited by SRsupport; 11-24-2009, 12:28 PM.
    Steve
    EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
    A proud EDIUS EDITOR
    For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Or, if for whatever reason you can't do a booth, coles mic. Perhaps not the best in fidelity and a wee bit pricey but it'll do the job.

Oops, I just looked at the link above--that is a kick *** solution--I was thinking about something like that myself!
      Andy Tejral
      Brooklyn, NY

HP Z230 xeon E3-1230v3 3.3Ghz, Quadro K600, now with Kingston SV300S3 boot drive, internal ST3000DM (3TB) and external Seagate Expansion 5TB via usb3. Edius 7.52.12 w HD Spark

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
        I think it is better to get one of the http://www.harlanhogan.com/portaboothArticle.shtml

Voice overs are often done in a booth. The porta booth is a cheaper solution if you don't have the space or funds for a full size booth.

Steve thank you very much! Absolutely amazing timing. I need to do some VO work in Edius, and I was just planning to rent some time in a nearby audio studio to do it. I just bought the parts to make one of these booths. This forum is the best thing since sliced bread.
        Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
        Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

Don't be tempted to opt for a large diaphram conderser mic straight away, audition a few models/types as some may not suit your voice.
          Often a dynamic mic like an AKG D202 is a very good choice.
          Dynamics are also good when recording on location as you can get away without the need to take a mixer or preamp with P48v power.

I've used AKG 414, Neuman U87, AKG D202, Rode NT1 very successfully for VO work
          System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
          System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Thanks for replies
            Alter ego I guess there must have been a lot of imigrants from North Wales Uk to North Wales PA long time ago
            System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
            Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
            Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
              Thanks for replies
              Alter ego I guess there must have been a lot of imigrants from North Wales Uk to North Wales PA long time ago
              Yes you are correct.This entire part of PA was settled by the UK people. Every town and township is named after places and people from the UK. I live in the birthplace of this country. My area is very historical.
              Tom Koveleskie - Director/Producer/Editor
              Quarter Town Films - Independent Feature and Documentary Films.

Edius 8 WG with HDSpark, AMD 8 core FX 8370 Black Edition 4.3 GHZ, MSI 970A Krait Edition, 16 GB Patriot DDR3 1333 MHz RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI graphics, Win 10 X64.

Comment

Working...
              X