Buffering problem... (i guess)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffering problem... (i guess)

So... Any video that i throw in the timeline or the preview monitor and then hit play doesn't play smooth it freezes every few frames...

and look at the buffer

the buffer stucks there and i can't work!

i can't figure out why this is happening i was working on this pc before and every was normal... maybe i changed any settings accidently?

i hope you understand what's happening cause i really need some help... I also tried to reinstall edius but nothing happents..

If your PC was working ok before, and then just start doing this without you making any changes, .chances are that your RAM is failing....or even your video card...you should get a technician look at the PC...the buffer is filling, so in my opinion it can't be Edius

Comment

sounds like something is 'hogging' the processor to me.

run task manager and click the CPU column title to list processes in order of cpu usage - look for anything strange taking up a lot of processor time and kill it - do this when Edius is running so you can check the immediate results

Comment

maybe the audio mixer is open. if it is close it.
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

it could be that you are playing files that are not suitable for Edius, such as AVCHD
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Ok I see that there is a picture added and it does not look like the audio mixer is open.
            So it must be something else. Maybe you have applied a third party filter on your footage which requires rendering. Anything from Prodad or Newblue would qualify.
            Steve
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

oh so many replies and so quick thank you all guys!

well.. i noticed that this whole thing happened after i installed procoder 3... so i uninstalled it but the problem is still there... i use the same files as before the same project settings it's all the shame...

so let's start clearing things off...

audio mixer is not open

the files are suitable with edius for sure... captured with edius mini dv tapes sd video 720 x 576 pal...

not any other programs running... only a nod32 antivirus but it was there before and didn't occured any problems...

strange thing is take a look at this print screen

the cpu is at 30% and the video is playing behind... but the buffer is full!

Comment

Why are you editing sd footage in a HD project?
                Steve
                A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

?

Could it be something to do with the disk you are using for media storage. I see from the Image that you are at 95% full.

Comment

Originally posted by SRsupport View Post
                    Why are you editing sd footage in a HD project?
                    Hardware : Generic OHCI
                    Video
                    Frame size : 720 x 576
                    Frame rate : 25,00( 25/1 )
                    Pixel aspect : 1,0667
                    Field order : Bottom Field First
                    Audio
                    Rate : 48000Hz
                    Sample size : 16 Bit
                    Channel : 2
                    Setup
                    Render format : Canopus HQ AVI
                    Over Scan Size : 3 %

Its not hd :s

I tried to... i'm thinking if i could uninstall edius completle maybe something magic could happent and when i will reinstall it everything could be fine but...
                    So far i haven't suceeded to uninstall it fully cause when i install it again the profiles and all my previews settings are the same...

about the 95% disk i don't think it's a problem... i got it to 50% still the shame...

Any other ideas?
                    Maybe someone could tell me how is it possible to cmpletle uninstal every little thing? So when i will install again ask me to create the profile etc etc... maybe it will work...

Comment

What is your buffer size and how much memory do you have in your system?
                      Steve
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

2.75gb ram

my buffer size? how can check this out?

Comment

go to settings-> hardware setting ->generic ohci -> buffers settings

Btw I see you are using an ohci project setting. Do you have any GV/ canopus hardware?
                          Steve
                          A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Says RT buffers: 128mb

and no i don't use any canopus hardware...

ps. thank you really much for your time :)

Comment

Ok try the following.
                              1 Disable you antivirus
                              2 start EDIUS put the buffer to 256
                              3 restart EDIUS.
                              4 play the files now what happens?
                              Steve
                              A proud EDIUS EDITOR

Comment

Working...
                              X