No announcement yet.

is there any way to make custom mpeg ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any way to make custom mpeg ?

well i use Edius v4.5 . as you know, mpeg(generic) output option has 2000,4000,6000,8000,10000,15000 kbps video bitrate and 64-384k aac audio bitrate options... now that's cool but ;

* why can't I choose more than 4000kbps when I choose to render it as small definition (352x288..rtc...) ?

* why can't I choose more than 384k for aac and 320k for mp2 audio ?

* Let's say I want it to be 7000kbps video bitrate ! why can't I do that ?

* I can adjust the output frame rates in wmv but no luck in mpg ! why is that ?

* why do I need K-Lite Codecs to watch Edius's generic mpegs ? (except vcd and dvd ones)

* is it just me or audio is a lil less louder in mpg ?

* do I loose anything when I export my project as uncompressed RGB avi and convert it to divx with a video converter software outside the edius ?

p.s. = I am currently using 720 x 576 , 25p SD project...

The MPEG standards (MPEG1, MPEG2) impose limits on resolution and bitrate, and the encoder won't let you produce files that incompatible with those limits.

Windows comes with a MPEG1 decoder, but not a MPEG2 decoder. That's why you need a third-party MPEG2 decoder (usually part of a software DVD player) to play back MPEG2 video.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrococuk View Post
      well i use Edius v4.5 . as you know, mpeg(generic) output option has 2000,4000,6000,8000,10000,15000 kbps video bitrate and 64-384k aac audio bitrate options... now that's cool but ;
      p.s. = I am currently using 720 x 576 , 25p SD project...

Why still use 4.5 if 4.61 is the final version and it is free ?

* why can't I choose more than 4000kbps when I choose to render it as small definition (352x288..rtc...) ?

For a certain resolution there will always be a maximum bitrate, to technically use more info than the frame can hold is pointless.

* why can't I choose more than 384k for aac and 320k for mp2 audio ?

Limitations set by the codec, higher bitrate would render the purpose of using loss-less / lossy compressed codec useless, might as well use .wav

* Let's say I want it to be 7000kbps video bitrate ! why can't I do that ?

This again depends on codec / frame size you are converting to.

* I can adjust the output frame rates in wmv but no luck in mpg ! why is that ?

Limitations set by the codec, not Edius.

* why do I need K-Lite Codecs to watch Edius's generic mpegs ? (except vcd and dvd ones)

When Edius is installed on a systems there is absolutely no need for additional codec packs, certainly not K-Lite, please un-install to avoid complications.
      You might however need plug-ins for windows internal player, this is a licensing matter, try VLC Lan player (or even Media Player Classic) and be amazed what it can play out of the box.

* is it just me or audio is a lil less louder in mpg ?

I think it might be you :)
      When I render a project to Mpeg2 and place it on the timeline is a pretty exact match.

* do I loose anything when I export my project as uncompressed RGB avi and convert it to divx with a video converter software outside the edius ?

When you export from Edius a uncompressed file and then convert it to a very compressed format like Divx one could ask why bother with uncompressed in the first place.

I have never exported to Divx in specific, but there could be a difference when using a third party app.
      Certain conversions Edius is better, some conversion others, this will be based on the actual footage (static or fast motion) image quality, conversion frame rate, bit rate, etc, etc, many variables to consider.
      Trail, test & error, are you best bet here.

Comment

- where can i download edius 4.61 ?
        - if i uninstall k-lite codec, i am able to play no any video at all except wmv and vcd !!!
        - obviusly you dont understand my question. what i was asking ; is uncompressed RGB really an uncompressed video format ????
        - Also, what is the audio bitrate for canopus loseless ? I am just wondering...

Comment

Originally posted by nitrococuk View Post
          - where can i download edius 4.61 ?
          Go here: http://desktop.grassvalley.com/GVDES...e/register.php
          and register your copy of Edius 4
          Then go into the 'Product-related Downloads'
          Then go to the 'EDIUS Pro v4' section and download the 4.61 update.

:)
          GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
          www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Working...
          X